up tight

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Penn

Yellow Jacket
Reaction score
==============================

Last edited:
I been working on the bankrupcy- chapter 7, which I am filing pro se. Filing myself -if successful- will save me $2000.

I found the kelly blue book value on the car. Printed list of comps that sold near my house.

My next step is the 341 hearing. I am deeply worried I will have a black out and miss it. (yes stress makes me have black outs) My hearing is in a few days...

It has taken my 18 months to get to this point. Studying what they want.

After the 341 hearing then I wait 60 days. I am filing now since it takes 2 years after to be able to get a mortgage.

So after the 341 later this month- I am thinking of buying new eye glasses, and that would be the time to get the car inspected.

My papers to do this is well over 100 pages printed out.

Sounds like you are doing all the things you need to be doing to get to where you want to go and the toughest obstacle you face is managing your own stress and anxiety. This is something I think everyone struggles with when facing important events. I know I do. Short of attaining a completely Zen like state of enlightenment, it helps to meditate, get some (aerobic) exercise (jogging is great) and get plenty of good sleep.

One other thing - stress causes the body to flush more minerals out with the waste (urine). If you aren't replacing them in your diet, it can lead to a nasty spiral of mineral deficiency begetting sickness and/or depression which exacerbates the original stress. The minerals in multi-vitamins are hard for the body to absorb. I highly recommend getting some seaweed (dried Nori is my favorite) to eat with your salads.

I had lost my soc sec card- I found that- AND my old rx for eye glasses!

That rx is from 2006. The dr said if I am on the computer use the old rx, if I am off the computer use the new one. So I bought new glasses more less to drive. They are terrible for use on the computer. Records do not go back to 2006. Also it is illegal to get an eye glass rx in PA when it is 1 year or older. Even when I broke the lens- the law prohibited me from replacing that very same lens! To get around the PA law- I order my glasses online. All I need is the rx numbers. I lost that info. I know they have a machine they can measure with- but I never asked- and you cant very well say gimme that info so I can buy glasses online. The bricks and mortar want to sell the glasses! The old pair- rimless is turning yellow- with age. They also have some scratches on them. It looks like I can replace that pair of glasses for $60. I was so happy to find the rx! It was folded up in a very small envelop in one of my safes.

I am not sure what if anything the car will need for inspection. -So I am not sure if I should wait on the glasses until the car is inspected. The bike tho is ready to go in the hatchback. When I take it over I will bike ride home. That way I dont have to walk or ask for a ride.

Hey Penn

It hurts me to learn how hard things are for you

when small costs have big impacts

when your health is not so good

when you see filing for bankruptcy as a good thing

when you talk about swapping your accomodation for some inner city high rise

when loosing your glasses prescription causes you stress

I have no choice these days but to be empathetic to the suffering of others ( its part of the deal when you can also share in others joy and happiness )

If you could only learn to filter out the crap that weighs your thoughts down and just focus on good things ..........

As Bug says, finding that Zen state through meditation is fucking awesome and well worth the journey

Be well my friend, find inner peace.

It has to be done. It IS a good thing. It is strategic. SSDI might not be around in a few years. Now is the time to get this out of the way. Even now I am on the threshold of too much equity. I do not intend to move to the highrise. Once I complete the 341, I plan to make extra payments on the principle. $40 goes toward principle. If I pay an extra $40 a month- that is like making a double payment.
Donald Trump filed a few times. The 2 judgements on my house wipe out the equity. Filing chapter 7 means I should be able to keep that equity.

The glass is half full. I feel empowered that I am handling what a lawyer charges $2000 for.

Inflation has ate away at the purchasing power of SSDI.
Now it is noticeable.

Filing means I will not have to take in a room mate. I do not want a room mate.

Once the 7 is complete- even if I send in extra $5 a month- that is good.

My brother plans some kind of family business- he wants me to participate in it. We will see.

Once the 341 is done- that leaves the waiting period.

I then can take a shot at having the car inspected- tonight I been plotting eye glasses....

Thus far I have not had to cash in any silver. So my stack is still a back up plan.

Hey Penn

It hurts me to learn how hard things are for you

when small costs have big impacts

when your health is not so good

when you see filing for bankruptcy as a good thing

when you talk about swapping your accomodation for some inner city high rise

when loosing your glasses prescription causes you stress

I have no choice these days but to be empathetic to the suffering of others ( its part of the deal when you can also share in others joy and happiness )

If you could only learn to filter out the crap that weighs your thoughts down and just focus on good things ..........

As Bug says, finding that Zen state through meditation is fucking awesome and well worth the journey

Be well my friend, find inner peace.

Some great news! I just got back from the hearing. As it turns out I was over prepared.

The hearing was at 9:30. I got there at 9AM. I wanted to be early since there are often detours there- roads ripped up.

The dude processed all the 9AMs. Then at 9:25, he begin the 9:30 slate- I was the first one he called. It took 4 minutes- I was out the door at 9:29 AM, for a 9:30 hearing. I was very calm and serene when I answered the questions. I had a 3 ring binder with everything I could have been asked for.

So now- I wait 30 or 60 days ....

Today I saved $1400-$2000, it all depends if my motions to vacate are processed.

The stickiest question was the value of my house. I used the purchase price, 2007. I was armed with 36 comps. The officer did not ask for them.

Some great news! I just got back from the hearing. As it turns out I was over prepared.

The hearing was at 9:30. I got there at 9AM. I wanted to be early since there are often detours there- roads ripped up.

The dude processed all the 9AMs. Then at 9:25, he begin the 9:30 slate- I was the first one he called. It took 4 minutes- I was out the door at 9:29 AM, for a 9:30 hearing. I was very calm and serene when I answered the questions. I had a 3 ring binder with everything I could have been asked for.

So now- I wait 30 or 60 days ....

Today I saved $1400-$2000, it all depends if my motions to vacate are processed.

The stickiest question was the value of my house. I used the purchase price, 2007. I was armed with 36 comps. The officer did not ask for them.

Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity so keep up the preparation. :cheers:

Back
Top Bottom