Wal-Mart Stick up

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

ancona

Praying Mantis
Reaction score
So our local Wally-World got robbed a few days ago, and although I have no particular feelings toward criminals, I did get a chuckle out of the balls it took to pull this off.

The guy pulls up by the front doors of the store in a non descript Chevy with a black bandana draped over the plates and parks it. He gets out dressed in full Brinks regalia, right down to the side arm. He walks in and goes over to the office area, signs in on a clip board like he owns the joint, reaches over and hands it to the twenty something kid on the other side and calmly says, "I'm here for today's money". The chick walks in the back, comes back up front with two bags holding over seventy five grand and says "OK, but you need to sign for it". The guy scribbles a name, smiles and says, "See 'ya later, walks out and drives off in to the sunset.:rotflmbo::clap:

Like a fucking boss!:judge:

The video is going to be something Wall mart will never live down. And that manager? She'll be greeting customers at some store on the Kamchatka Peninsula by tomorrow morning. That's my guess anyway.

These are the risks that come with living in a society with a physical currency. Of course, there are greater risks with living in a cashless society.

Seems obvious to me that the perp was familiar with the SOP. Probably a former Brinks/Loomis or Walmart employee I would guess. Walmart really needs to tighten up their procedure/security.

I just thought it was an incredibly brazen, ballsy and calculated thing to pull off on a busy Sunday afternoon with hundreds of eyewitnesses in full view of cameras. I'll hazard a guess and say that the guy had some heavy make-up and possibly a fake moustache or something as well.

Just sauntered right up and asked politely for the money and walked right out. In fact, when the real guy drove up an hour or so later was when they realized the manager had seriously fucked up. He was long gone by then.

You are right about the procedures though. He probably cased the joint for months prior. Maybe had a sister or friend that worked there or working for Brinks. Ideally though, if one is going to commit a crime and they wish to get away with it, they do it alone, keep their pie hole shut about it and carry the secret to their grave with them.

Just sauntered right up and asked politely for the money and walked right out. In fact, when the real guy drove up an hour or so later was when they realized the manager had seriously fucked up. He was long gone by then.

Wallyworld might have a problem making a case for a robbery here since the dude "ASKED politely" for the money and did not demand it nor apparently used any force. No matter what though, the manager shot herself in the foot big time, and could possibly land in jail herself as an 'accomplice' regardless of whether she was or not. Bet Wallyworld changes its policies because of this.

Wallyworld might have a problem making a case for a robbery here since the dude "ASKED politely" for the money and did not demand it nor apparently used any force. No matter what though, the manager shot herself in the foot big time, and could possibly land in jail herself as an 'accomplice' regardless of whether she was or not. Bet Wallyworld changes its policies because of this.

It would be theft by deception. He was posing as someone who was supposed to get the money to transfer to a bank.

respect to the perp for his coolness.

I wouldnt disown him if it turned out I knew him (-:

In what way do his actions differ morally from the bankster operations ?

respect to the perp for his coolness.

I wouldnt disown him if it turned out I knew him (-:

In what way do his actions differ morally from the bankster operations ?

Unfortunately things that are morally wrong and what are actually illegal are miles apart. Just look at politicians alone. Harry Reed admitted to lying on the senate floor about Romneys taxes, but said it got barry re-elected so what's the problem? Well shouldn't slander get him? In the normal world, yes, but congress has laws that allow them to say whatever they want, even slandering people and not get charged with anything. :doodoo:

Hence I only respect Natural Law

In the state of nature, John Locke wrote, human beings live according to three principles—liberty, equality, and self-preservation. Because no government exists in the state of nature to offer police protection or regulate the distribution of goods and benefits, each individual has a right to self-preservation that he or she may exercise on equal footing with everyone else.

This right includes the liberties to enjoy a peaceful life, accumulate wealth and property, and otherwise satisfy personal needs and desires consistent with the coterminous liberties of others. Anyone who deprives another person of his or her rights in the state of nature, Locke argued, violates the principle of equality.

This has happened three times around the country that I've heard about. Ours was a copycat of the original one, so the lesson wasn't learned. I think that since he was carrying, he's fucked, but you never know, since they did simply hand over the cash.

Back
Top Bottom