we are getting 35 mile pipeline

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Penn

Yellow Jacket
Reaction score
If it means the road in front of my house is ripped up- then I am against it. It seems to be going elsewhere for now.

Fracking gas would go to our power plant to power it.

81% of poll -want it.

Does anyone know how big a pipe? If they put it in accross the river will the earth moving effect my house? When they did blasting before I think I got some cracks in my cement and walls.

Penn, unless it's a main feeder pipeline for transporting to a hub somewhere, it's unlikely to be very large. For a power plant, I suspect an 8 or 10 inch line would be good. Those lines could be installed using jack and bore under roads and intersections. If it's a huge transport pipe, they'll use passivated steel that gets welded and x-rayed for continuity. That thing would require major surgery to roads and walks. If it is to run under streets, it has to be the deepest utility. That can mean all kinds of service disruptions, although they tend to do that kind of stuff at night to minimize complaints and inconvenience to the locals. It doesn't help their cause to piss of entire populations of people, especially potential customers.

Ask yourself would you rather have a pipeline running underground carrying the explosive gas or trucks hauling it? The trucks and trains have a LOT more accidents than pipes, not to mention it is much cheaper in the long run.

The road in front of my house has been ripped up so many times- I just prefer not to go thru that again.

It sounds tho- like it will lay across the river.

Oh- they already plan to train it to this town and then out to Ohio- fracking waste- not the gas.

Back
Top Bottom