Precious Metals Forum

Go Back   Precious Metals Forum > Bunker Talk > STS

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By 69mach351

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2014, 05:32 PM   #1
Ground Beetle

Liked: 388 times
When you thought it could not get worse, you can now be arrested for having an EMPTY compartment!

Quote :
Civil libertarians are criticizing Ohio police for arresting a driver because his car contained a compartment that could theoretically store illegal drugs, though no drugs were found at that time.
Quote :
“No person shall knowingly operate, possess, or use a vehicle with a hidden compartment with knowledge that the hidden compartment is used or intended to be used to facilitate the unlawful concealment or transportation of a controlled substance,” the law states.
This is got to be the height of silliness. How in the world will the courts EVER prove anything WITHOUT physical evidence showing that the driver did BOTH knowingly operate, etc. such a vehicle AND did so with the knowledge that it was being operated illegally??? The ONLY purpose I see for this law is to expand confiscation of property WITHOUT due process of law.

30Dec2013: No drugs necessary: Driver arrested for having empty compartment.

So, how about we take this to the extreme and change the law to read:

Quote :
“No person shall knowingly operate, possess, or use any object with a hidden compartment with knowledge that the hidden compartment is used or could be used to facilitate the unlawful concealment or transportation of a controlled substance,”
Then arrest EVERY wife of every male JUDGE, LAWMAKER, POLICE OFFICER, etc for possessing a "hidden compartment" that could be used illegally! And don't forget to arrest EVERY female JUDGE, LAWMAKER, POLICE OFFICER, etc. while we are at it.

Edited to add this link:

29Dec2013: Woman intrusively probed for six hours by Border Patrol agents, receives $5,000 bill

And I will bet anything that the dogs jumped on her because she was at her time of the month, since dogs tend to do that. Of course the agents are too stupid to know that.

http://mmerlinn.com

GOLD is the money of KINGS.
SILVER is the money of GENTLEMEN.
BARTER is the money of PEASANTS.
DEBT is the money of SLAVES.
- Norm Franz

Last edited by mmerlinn; 01-05-2014 at 06:28 PM. Reason: Title typo correction
mmerlinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 06:33 PM   #2
Jay
Yellow Jacket

Liked: 671 times
this fits right in with the new thought police law (you can be arrested for potential future crimes). You know, people ignore this shit because its so farfetched that they dismiss it as tin-foil, even as it is passed into law.

edited to add I'm not sure potential is the right word.
Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 08:29 AM   #3
Predaceous stink bug

Liked: 42 times
This sounds a bit ridiculous.

First, this leaves a lot up to the LEO. It does not say anything about an aftermarket (home made or otherwise) compartment, it just says hidden compartment. There are a ton of vehicles with "hidden" places all over them.

Second, it also says "that could be used...". Heck, that could be anything. I got an ashtray, sunglasses compartment, I can store things under the trunk mat in the car. All of those are relatively hidden compared to something sitting on the seat, and all could be used to facilitate illegal activity.

If they want to swab a compartment for drugs and find something, fine, be my guest and write a ticket. I tend to give LEOs the benefit of the doubt - most are good men and women, but this leaves a lot open to judgement, or a cop on a power-trip.
ancona likes this.
69mach351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 09:41 AM   #4
Golden Cockroach

Liked: 2449 times
One more tool for abuse.

Important stuff: PMBug 101 * Forum Guidelines * Support PMBug
PMBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 02:53 PM   #5
Jay
Yellow Jacket

Liked: 671 times
Originally Posted by 69mach351 View Post:
This sounds a bit ridiculous.
kinda like considering people with pressure cookers possible Boston bombers? Or people with tannerite possible terrorists? (I can only imagine the scenario where the terrorist has to be on the scene with a high powered rifle in order to detonate his bomb...)
Jay is offline   Reply With Quote