why is coffee from Japan different?

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Penn

Yellow Jacket
Reaction score
A facebook friend-from there is delighted that my cousin and I are teaching him English.

He sent me a surprise gift of mocha coffee.

I think it was highly acidic.

I got indigestion, and later a mild stomache bug.

Could it be fukishima? Or maybe the Japanese have different taste.

I begged our store- the staff the manager and corporate headquarters to stock mocha coffee. After many months- I found a site online to order, so I bought a case of it.

Among the selection is a low acid version. I plan to try that next. It is $20 a bag. Their bags tho are bigger then store bad-by an ounce or 2.

Think of it- why do the stores want to sell me mocha coffee that I make at home in a drip pot? They want to sell me a $5 cup of it. Add in the gas and wear and tear on the car- I am in a small town so round trip is 7 miles for a coffee. A few times I went 2x in one day!!

When I was at the grocer-they told me they were looking for the phone number for the mocha coffee vender. I told the clerk- I ordered it online, and had some today.

===================
In other news I painted my double living room. The paint was $63 a gallon- but a mistint- I paid $20 for a gallon.

I over did it. My body is feeling pain.
=================================

So on the coffee from Japan, could it be a higher acid coffee? Or maybe they just like it that way?? Or fukashima?? My cat was all over the package.

BTW- my cousin and I are his favorite English teachers. You should see the nice letter he wrote me. The penmanship is beautiful- his command of the language is better then 1/2 this country. David, it an executive of a fortune 500 company.

Attachments

• 10734003_1487614661502432_8239237834936886506_n.jpg
    10734003_1487614661502432_8239237834936886506_n.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 1
Pretty much everything from Japan is weird.

japan_weird_shit.jpg

Penn, I cannot say in your case (re coffee), but some 18 years ago my wife and I visited Japan. Everything was very expensive. Retail coffee (at a coffee shop) was over $5.00 a cup, so I ordered a small... The coffee was good, no complaints, but each sip was like 50 cents, LOL...

More recently (2012) I was in Korea. $5.00 per cup, so I ordered a small...

I would *guess* that Fukushima did not at all affect any coffee from Japan. They import (like we, except for a little from Hawaii) all of theirs.

Back
Top Bottom