A government to mint it's currency in Gold, Silver, and Copper

benjamen

Yellow Jacket
Reaction score
http://news.yahoo.com/islamic-state-group-says-itll-mint-own-coins-100203740.html

"The leader of the Islamic State group has ordered the terror organization to start minting gold, silver and copper coins for its own currency — the Islamic dinar."

Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi instructed his followers to mint the coins to "change the tyrannical monetary system" modelled on Western economies that "enslaved Muslims."

"It said the dinar's purchasing power would be its weight in gold, silver or copper."

:popcorn:

pmbug

Your Host
Administrator
Reaction score
Oh my. Prepare for all sound money advocates to be equated with terrorists.

rblong2us

Yellow Jacket
Reaction score
"It said the dinar's purchasing power would be its weight in gold, silver or copper."
so how heavy is a dinar ......... and can I have mine gold weighted please ?

ancona

Praying Mantis
Reaction score
Isn't this exactly why we got rid of Ghadaffi? He wanted to exchange gold for oil, so we erased all their infrastructure using kinetic something or another, then armed the exact militants speaking about creating hard money right now. We created this entire mess, from al quaeda to isis and everything in between. Hamas is also a peripheral creation of ours, since we arbitrarily took a huge chunk of desert and helped give it to Israe3l, displacing a lot of Bedouins in the process.

dontdeBasemebro

Reaction score
Yup, Ghadaffi had supported a gold African dinar, for use by African and Muslim countries, for a long.