actualizethis.com and pmbug.com

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

DoChenRollingBearing

Yellow Jacket
Reaction score
I am a member of both sites, I have been spending time over at http://actualizethis.com as I am helping them to build the site, mny help is wioth content and management (others are doing the tech work).

I just put in a link and a plug for pmbug.com over there! I hope that some of them will come by (there are maybe 20 members, I don't really know).

So, I hope to see some of you drop by our little site, and I hope that we will "feed the bug" over here!

I am a member of both sites, I have been spending time over at http://actualizethis.com as I am helping them to build the site, mny help is wioth content and management (others are doing the tech work).

Might help if you spelt the url correctly so others can find it.:rotflmbo:

And the register link sent to the email address does not work, so registering is impossible.

Last edited:
Is the forum supposed to be hidden (ie. cannot read any threads/posts) to guests (and search engines)? That's going to severely limit it's growth potential.

mmerlinn and Bug,

I just clicked the link inside your quotation (of me) mm, and it went straight there.

actualizethis.com this is planning to have a completely open section to the public once we make some decisions. One thing slowing us down is that it has a Chat, and we are trying to figure out how to keep out the trolls that infest ZH Chat.

I think he's referring to the description on the site calling itself gsxm.net. It's a bit confusing.

I have PM'ing but not chat on my PHPBB board. The only thing that will keep trolls out is to make that members-only, and have a moderator that throws out members who abuse the board. That's pretty easy stuff to set up, just click some checkboxes in the board admin stuff. The hard part is finding mods you can trust who will do a good job without angering too many good people.

On G+, public vid chats are always a zoo - there are a lot of people out there with no manners it seems. What you sort of have to do before opening a chat to the public is have a couple-few people there already agreed to instantly block the jerks, which helps a lot (once blocked, they cannot return to that chat). You have to do some public if you want to meet anyone new...like PMBug says - if it's entirely private, you'll never grow - so you have to decide that right off. You can come public with chat simply turned off, you know, and change policy at any time later.

I have PM'ing but not chat on my PHPBB board. The only thing that will keep trolls out is to make that members-only, and have a moderator that throws out members who abuse the board. That's pretty easy stuff to set up, just click some checkboxes in the board admin stuff. The hard part is finding mods you can trust who will do a good job without angering too many good people.

On G+, public vid chats are always a zoo - there are a lot of people out there with no manners it seems. What you sort of have to do before opening a chat to the public is have a couple-few people there already agreed to instantly block the jerks, which helps a lot (once blocked, they cannot return to that chat). You have to do some public if you want to meet anyone new...like PMBug says - if it's entirely private, you'll never grow - so you have to decide that right off. You can come public with chat simply turned off, you know, and change policy at any time later.

I have used several boards over the years that simply don't allow you to use the messaging or chat functions of their website until you have made a certain number of posts first.

Right, even the lowly (but free!) PHPBB has that as a default - and you can adjust that parameter along with a few others. Whoever is doing this merely needs to check all the pages in the administration control panel for what the options are for that version. You don't have to be a programmer to do that, and it doesn't even take all that long to do it.

Anyone here who has been to my own site will notice that registrations don't even show up on the upper right - I use a turing test - you have to find my email and mail me, then I'll sign you up if you seem OK, else,,,nope. Keep out the trash from the get-go, and it also keeps the spam bots out. We then need to do very little moderation, I think we've tossed out a total of two people for abuse.

mmerlinn and Bug,

I just clicked the link inside your quotation (of me) mm, and it went straight there.

actualizethis.com this is planning to have a completely open section to the public once we make some decisions. One thing slowing us down is that it has a Chat, and we are trying to figure out how to keep out the trolls that infest ZH Chat.

When I clicked the original link, it did not work, the address was not valid. When I changed the spelling to actualisethis.com, it worked fine.

As of right now, both spellings take me to the same place.

Now I have to figure out how to activate the account since none of the three activation emails sent to my email address will activate the account. I know my user name "mmerlinn" exists on that site now because I tried re-creating the account and the message "The username you entered is already in use, please select an alternative. The entered e-mail address is already in use." came back. When I try logging in, the message "The specified username is currently inactive. If you have problems activating your account, please contact a board administrator." comes back.

Back
Top Bottom