Allied Nevada (ANV)

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

swissaustrian

Yellow Jacket
Reaction score
I've recently been introduced to Allied Nevada (ANV), a growth gold producer with massive silver projects in the pipeline. The company also runs dozens of exploration projects. All properties are located in Nevada. The company is run by a bunch of Kinross Gold veterans (30+ years of experience in the mining sector). Current P/E is above 50, but production is about to kick start pushing earnings up more than 10 times until 2014 at current pm prices. They calculate very conservatively. Their base case scenario is $ 1400 for gold / $ 25 for silver. Cash costs (incl. silver as a byproduct) are arround $ 475 / oz.
The company looks strong financially and is rated "B" by S&P which has laughable pm price projections.
I'm gonna buy some ANV stock tomorrow.

2la9fde.png

Here's a detailed investor presentation, for production projections see slide 11:

http://www.alliednevada.com/investors/pdf/120613-anv-investor-day.pdf

Until they straighten out the U.S. tax changes, I am shying away from stocks. I usually pick up the strong dividend stocks. The current tax rate on dividends is 15%, but that may change to be over 40% once all the new changes happen.

:doodoo:

ANV doesn't pay a dividend.
I'm not familiar with US taxes however. I'm paying taxes in Switzerland. Capital gains on stocks (and pms) are tax free for private individuals here. Foreign dividend taxes are mostly deductable from Swiss taxes, so there isn't a double taxation issue either.

ANV doesn't pay a dividend.
I'm not familiar with US taxes however. I'm paying taxes in Switzerland. Capital gains on stocks (and pms) are tax free for private individuals here. Foreign dividend taxes are mostly deductable from Swiss taxes, so there isn't a double taxation issue either.

Wow, I need to move. As of next year, my tax rates are supposed to be over 30% for short term (less than 1 year) captial gains and 20% for long term capital gains. Depending on how the laws shake out, any dividends will be taxed in the 35-45% range.

:(

ANV is looking pretty good, SA! Wish I had bought yesterday, but hadn't done my due diligence yet.

Keep an eye on HUI 422 and GDX 44.10..

We don't want closes below those levels or we will likely see more buying opportunities in the short term.

Back
Top Bottom