Bitcoin Contest -- FREE 0.005 BTC to Winner!

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

DoChenRollingBearing

Yellow Jacket
Reaction score

The Bearing, ever interested in improving his education (as long as he doesn't have to work too hard) is now learning about Bitcoin ("BTC"). Mostly how it works (that is, how to buy them and how to spend them).

A decent guy (a "virtual friend") gave me 0.11 BTC within the past couple of days. He also pointed the way to my downloading Multibit 0.5.14, which allowed me to make a BTC wallet, see just below (all the ones I have seen so far start with a "1"). I also had to download Oracle's Java software, but hey my computer skills are fairly limited, and so far everything has worked OK. Here is my BTC wallet:

1P11zA1GaJcyjc7oVt1jVQvWcPoW12sv5R

(You are welcome to give me some, but I do not need the money, I am using it as an experiment, more below)

(If you do donate, perhaps donate some oddball amount (eg, 0.0073 BTC) and let me know by email or PM here at pmbug)

The FIRST one here at pmbug.com to email me their Bitcoin wallet address will win the 0.005 BTC (now worth about $1.50).

Rulez:

1) Winner will be the first one to send it to me by EMAIL. Commenting at my blog counts, as I get an email from Blogger for each comment. You may comment at ANY article of my blog, and for the security conscious, DELETE your comment after making it! I will still get the email from Blogger re text of comment.

2) If there are disputes, I am the final judge, this is FREE "money" we're talking about here!

3) Limited time only! I have RECEIVED two donations, and AWARDED four outgoing donations with above wallet. I may try to see if Starbucks will take my BTC as payment on coffee later today, so hurry up! When my BTCs are gone, they're gone!

4) I ask Winner to allow me to publish a small amount of details at my blog, please advise your pseudonym and info wanted or NOT WANTED at my near-future article on this.

5) This BTC Contest is part of an overall larger experiment to educate myself in whether or not this technology might be of personal use to me.

Good Luck!

Awesome idea DCRB. I'm not sold on bitcoins, but I'm curious. Unfortunately, my work schedule precludes me from participating in your experiment at the moment.

Fiat money? That's a joke!

Give me land, silver, gold...

Alright DCRB, you motivated me to get off my duff. I installed MultiBit and got a wallet. It was actually a *lot* easier than I expected.

Back
Top Bottom