Crypto and inflation

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Chigg

Predaceous Stink Bug
Reaction score
I read the other day that the market cap for all crypto currencies was about 2.25 trillion world wide. Got me thinking, what if there were no crypto? Where would all that money be? Would inflation be even worse if that 2.25t was out in the economy. Are crypto investments like a sponge sucking up loose dollars?
I own no crypto now, but if the current prices were to crash i might be tempted to jump in.

I'm pretty sure that the majority percentage of that cap would be invested somewhere if it we're in crypto. Real estate, gold, equities, venture capital - somewhere.

And yeah, I saw a report a few days ago claiming that some survey indicated that a large percentage of the USA intended to give the gift of crypto this Christmas holiday. I forget the exact number, but it was something like 50% of the population. I don't know how close to reality the report is, but I do imagine that crypto experimentation (via gifts) will grow a bit over the holidays.

BTW, if you do decide to jump in, I can send you some referral links so that we both get some bonus crypto when you make your first purchase.

I'm in. Bought seven different cryptos last week of the year. Down %15 1st week. It's just like buying pms.:LOL::ROFLMAO::cry::cry::cry:

Still waiting for my silver to break even ( currently down 25% from purchase in 2012 )
Which will be my trigger to get out and put the proceeds into Crypto.

Which will be the signal for the rest of the world to get out of crypto and buy silver .....

A free investment service I cheerfully offer :rolleyes:

I am only down 10% on my silver. Now 20% down on crypto. My gold is up 15.6%. Stocks looking good for now. Value of home went up pretty good last year. Got a couple of plots of recreational land that probably increased a little.
Had some neck problems late last year and couldn't work so am now kinda temporarily retired. Had planned on retiring end of 2023.

Neck and back problems are no joke. Hope you get that issue resolved and don't have to revisit it again. Getting old sucks.

I am only down 10% on my silver. Now 20% down on crypto. My gold is up 15.6%. ...

In the last few days, crypto (and stocks/equities) has crashed (are still crashing?). Gold and silver are still treading water (going sideways or range bound more or less).

CPI released this morning hotter than expected. Crypto and equities tanked. Metals went up.

I wonder if this is going to be the trend going forward if the Fed actually does start raising rates.

Feels like they are back in control and similar games are being played with crypto ............
And theres a lot of reasons for them not being able to raise interest rates.

Perhaps they will invent a two tier interest rate system ?
One for banksters and Gov and another for credit card users 🙈

Fed holding an emergency meeting on Monday. Maybe they raise rates. Maybe they end asset purchases. Maybe they blow smoke.

Markets are reacting as if the Fed is going to raise rates.

I own no crypto now, but if the current prices were to crash i might be tempted to jump in.

Well, looks like you got your chance.

This post may contain affiliate links for which PM Bug gold and silver discussion forum may be compensated.
From the above article...

Celsius Network's bankruptcy might have just set a precedent in determining what crypto assets belong to whom when stored on a centralized platform.

Driving the news: The judge in a 45-page written decision on Wednesday concluded that the deposits in the lender's yield-bearing Earn accounts belong to the estate — that is Celsius — and not the individual holders of those accounts.

No different from the banksters.

Your money stored in the bank is not yours. It's theirs and they owe you a debt. If it comes down to it, and it's headed to crashing, they will keep your money, or it will crash to nothing.

Back
Top Bottom