Fed's Foreign Reverse Repo Hits Record $351BN

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

cheka

Ground Beetle
Reaction score
What the heck is the Foreign Reverse Repo? I know the main/only one I knew (The Reverse Repo) had been ramping up well over $2 Trillion.

For the record, if you visit the St. Louis Fed page I linked above, you can set the chart to a 1Y scale. From there you can see that Oct. 26-Nov. 2 recorded a roughly $48B increase. The week of Sep. 28-Oct. 5 recorded a ~$42.5B increase. The week of April 13-April 20 recorded a ~$43B increase. This last week saw the biggest one week increase at least within the last year (I didn't look further back). There have also been several weeks where there were ~$30B decreases. Big moves aren't totally unprecedented.

That said, last week was the biggest weekly increase and also marks a new cumulative high.

$351BN​

is that a lot?

I'll try and help šŸ¤£.

If you somehow landed up with $1BN, with the proviso to spend it over 20 years, then you'd have to spend...........

$136,892.53 per day, 7 days a week.

I'd like to give it a bash. Any willing donors?

Golden Regards
Uncle

PS $351BN is quite a bit. You'll have to count to 48,049,278 every day for 20 years, at a rate of 556.12 counts per second, 24x7.

Last edited:
Just checked the St. Louis Fed page. Last report was $348bn. 3 less than when the OP was posted. It went up and down and back up. Yo yo action.

Back
Top Bottom