Gold-Silver Ratio

BigJim

Predaceous Stink Bug
Reaction score
86.5/1 as of this post. Anyone doing any trading?

pmbug

Your Host
Administrator
Reaction score
I don't generally sell gold to buy silver, but when I'm looking to buy more metal, I do consider which is a better value (amongst other considerations).

TerrenceK

Fly on the Wall
Reaction score
I've never sold gold to buy other metals either. I generally do it the other way. Have you had a lot of success with this, Jim?

BigJim

Predaceous Stink Bug
Reaction score
I've never sold gold to buy other metals either. I generally do it the other way. Have you had a lot of success with this, Jim?
I did some trading Ag for Au when the ratio was in the mid 30's/1, wish I'd done a lot more. Can't complain, did real well.

BigJim

Predaceous Stink Bug
Reaction score
82.72/1. Below 83 for the first time in a while.

11C1P

Yellow Jacket
Reaction score

Maybe when it gets under 50:1 I'll think about buying gold. I'm also curious about which one will get to $100ozt first, silver or platinum. :paperbag:

rblong2us

Yellow Jacket
Reaction score
my gold / silver ratio remains a depressing subject as I purchased 50 kg of silver when it was approx double the current price ..........

However tonights gold / dollar ratio has me smiling

Are we going to blast through $1300, or will it need to be choreographed a bit to please the masters ?

pmbug

Your Host
Administrator
Reaction score
Really odd to look at the 24 hour gold and 24 hour silver charts and see such an inversion. Gold jumping up and silver going down steadily all day.

rblong2us

Yellow Jacket
Reaction score
Ah yes
a silver ( or gold) bug will know that any fall in price is because the controllers know they cant hold it down much longer, so they are giving it one more beatdown, using everything they have ..........

Back up the truck Donald (-;

pmbug

Your Host
Administrator
Reaction score
There seems to be so many risk factors in the global markets these days. It's amazing to me how PMs don't appear to be getting a safe haven risk insurance play right now. And given news about slowing mining/production, the PMs (both gold and silver) just seem like a bargain for long term investing.

rblong2us

Yellow Jacket
Reaction score
and again this morning 90.08.

with POG the highest its been in UK£ since October 2012 (-:

And a clear move through $1350. Will it hold this time ?

It starts to feel like there might be enough head of steam to push through the overhead resistance and finally move beyond the sideways trading pattern of the last several years.

BigJim

Predaceous Stink Bug
Reaction score
and again this morning 90.08.

with POG the highest its been in UK£ since October 2012 (-:

And a clear move through $1350. Will it hold this time ?
90.78/1 for the weekend. Gold closed $1340 & change.