Gun Sales Booming: Doomsday, Obama or Zombies?

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

pmbug

Your Host
Administrator
Benefactor
Reaction score
United-States
Buyers in record numbers are flooding into gun stores, retailers say. Ammo, too, is flying off the shelves. The reasons for the spike, last seen in 2009, include fears that a second Obama administration might restrict gun ownership and the popularity of TV shows devoted to doomsday preparation and killing zombies.

"He's never been pro-gun," says Cris Parsons of President Obama. Parsons, 31, owns a Texas gun purveyor called the Houston Armory. So far, Parsons insists, Obama has been "pretty coy" about his antipathy toward guns--and he likely will remain so during the campaign. To do otherwise would "upset a lot of people."

But if Obama wins a second term, he'll have "nothing to lose," says Parsons.

Alan Korwin, author of nine books on gun laws, including "Gun Laws of America," says gun owners are worried that the president, as a lame duck, will clamp down as never before on gun ownership.

Parsons says about 40 percent of Armory customers cite this fear as their reason for stocking up on guns and ammo now, before the election.

"Frenzy" is the word he uses to describe their buying. Dollar sales for the Armory are up 30 to 40 percent this quarter compared to last. Parsons thinks his store's performance is indicative of sales nationally, based on what he hears from dealers, suppliers and other store owners.

http://gma.yahoo.com/gun-sales-booming-doomsday-obama-zombies-193929184--abc-news-money.html

Ties in to the Ruger sales mentioned earlier.

When I am out of my current drunken condition (tomorrow perhaps), I may comment further on this thread...

Likely to be a buyer of guns and ammo (and PMs) in the coming days/weeks.

I can't find the rifle I want at the price that I want it. Everyone is out of stock. Hoping I can save a few hundred debt backed pieces of paper by being patient. You already know I'm buying ammo... Thread

I am building my third AR right now. Im just waiting for my upper to come back on sale and it's finished. I have a completely assembled lower sitting on my desk just waiting for the upper. Any time now....

This one will be a trade piece since it's pretty generic, but it will have a true 5.56 upper like the other two, and it will have a BCM extractor and the spring upgrade. As far as I am concerned, the only thing that can truly be upgraded on an AR is the upper. Perhaps you could get a specialty trigger group from Volquartsen, but I'm pretty sure they only do stuff for rim fire rifles and .22 race guns.

Back
Top Bottom