Health Benefits of Collagen

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Goldhedge

GIM2 Refugee
Reaction score

Health Benefits of Collagen​

What Is Collagen?​

Collagen is a protein responsible for healthy joints and skin elasticity, or stretchiness. It’s in your bones, muscles, and blood, comprising three-quarters of your skin and a third of the protein in your body.

As you age, your existing collagen breaks down, and it gets harder for your body to produce more. As a result, many people turn to collagen powder or other types of collagen supplements, such as capsules, gummies, and liquids.

Collagen is also produced naturally in the body by combining amino acids, the building blocks of proteins found in food. To produce collagen, your body needs:
  • Proline: found in egg whites, dairy, cabbage, mushrooms, and asparagus
  • Glycine: found in pork skin, chicken skin, and gelatin, and a variety of other protein-rich foods
  • Vitamin C: found in citrus fruits and bell peppers
  • Zinc: found in beef, lamb, pork, shellfish, chickpeas, lentils, beans, milk, cheese, and various nuts and seeds
  • Copper: found in organ meats, cocoa powder, cashews, sesame seeds, and lentils

Types of Collagen​

more:

Anyone use this supplement? Recommendations?

My local Costco sells a Collagen supplement, so there are likely a lot of people buying/using it as they don't maintain inventory of things that don't sell.

I battled with gut health issues my entire life. Tried everything from probiotics to fiber to dairy free, gluten free, etc diets. When I started daily collagen powder supplements with my morning breakfast routine, I noticed a drastic change within 2 weeks. Gut is healthy, farts don't stink, I'm regular and saving tons on TP

Back
Top Bottom