How do I find my local black market(s)?

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

DoChenRollingBearing

Yellow Jacket
Reaction score
Wanker Bearing here has no good contacts re tapping into local markets, we have not lived long enough here, and everybody I know here is "too straight".

(I open this thread as a reaction from DCFusor and others mentioning trading gold in a black market, if a certain kind of SHTF hits, in another thread)

So, I pose this question: How can I find my local black market(s) without getting myself killed or arrested?

-- Maybe tipping a local bartender well a few times, perhaps at the nicest place in "that" part of town?
-- Ask a reporter?

Your ideas would be much appreciated!

You can't really expect anyone who knows, and who is trusted by the network to tell all the police how to infiltrate them, in public, now, can you? How could you then trust someone who then, by definition, was a traitor to their own? It doesn't work like that.
You'll make a friend, he'll introduce you around as cool...or something.

Those things you suggest will only lead you to the worst sorts of losers, and you'll get hurt. Most lawyers know the score for some odd reason...but the ones you really want to find "no one knows about" because they are careful and don't get attention and get caught. But we all know each other, sort of. It's a huge, loose network of cells. It just grew.

Last edited:
Yeah, so, I was writing up something long winded and blah blah about how to find a good bar...

Changed my mind because I didnt like what I wrote. I think you should try the lawyer idea. Find a criminal lawyer. Become his 'client' so that your conversations are privileged.

For a while, my 7 year old son was asking me the same question. He really wanted to buy things from the black market. He didn't understand that "the black market" isn't really a store like Toys'R'Us in real life. The video games he and his brother were playing gave him a very simplistic understanding of what it really means.

The market will simply evolve on it's own. In Argentina it happenned over a short period of time. The same thing happenned in Weimar Germany, and it will happen here. Those who hold physical will be the ones who survive in the greatest level of comfort.

Back
Top Bottom