How the Fed is shorting gold

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

How exactly all the forms of manipulation are playing, I could only guess. I think it's obvious they are doing a lot of shady things (shocker right?). Seems to me that lately either the price of gold is too high, or silver is WAAAY too low. Maybe it's a bit of both. They are trying to keep the dollar strong, but don't want it too strong. They are juggling so many balls at one time to try and reach the result they want, that when they drop one, things will probably get very ugly.

Some folks claim the Fed (proxies/bullion banks) are doing it. Some claim China is doing it. Some claim it's just the market chasing yield (in other markets - the big money has left the PM paper markets).

All I know is that miners aren't making any money at these prices and real physical is currently a bargain.

Back
Top Bottom