I'm new to this forum . . . . Hi!

namechanged

Fly on the Wall
Reaction score
Hi all,

I've enjoyed reading the various threads here, but I'm barely seeing anyone sharing pictures/videos of their bullion. Is that acceptable here, just not really commonplace, or is this forum focused solely on precious metal thoughts/analyses/predictions? Either way I'm glad I found this forum, a lot of good information here I haven't seen in other forums I've found.

pmbug

Your Host
Administrator
Reaction score
Hi, welcome to the forum. :wave:

Most folks here are cognizant of the their OpSec and don't brag or show off their stack. Besides, there isn't much to see when it's all at the bottom of a lake.

It's perfectly acceptable for you to share pics/videos if you want to though. The forum guidelines are pretty relaxed here. We have a good mix of stackers, traders and preppers (and many peeps who are all three to one degree or another).

swissaustrian

Yellow Jacket
Reaction score
<redacted>
That's a great nickname. :cheers: But why is ag only in 5th position?

Last edited by a moderator:

namechanged

Fly on the Wall
Reaction score
Hi, welcome to the forum. :wave:

Most folks here are cognizant of the their OpSec and don't brag or show off their stack. Besides, there isn't much to see when it's all at the bottom of a lake.

It's perfectly acceptable for you to share pics/videos if you want to though. The forum guidelines are pretty relaxed here. We have a good mix of stackers, traders and preppers (and many peeps who are all three to one degree or another).
Thanks! This is definitely food for thought!

namechanged

Fly on the Wall
Reaction score
<redacted>
That's a great nickname. :cheers: But why is ag only in 5th position?
LOL I keep getting asked that, but my nickname is just all the precious metals I have (or want in the case of Rhodium) in order, most to least expensive. Ag is my first love, but she's cheap

DCFusor

Yellow Jacket
Reaction score
Welcome! Pretty cool buncha chaps here.

And PMBug - #2 kinda is the defining post on the entire board, yes? Only a master can make it clear in so few words (which proves I stink, doesn't it?).

DoChenRollingBearing

Yellow Jacket
Supporter
Reaction score
@ <redacted>

Welcome! At some point I too would like to get a rhodium coin (kitco.com and the Cohen Mint (Google...) sell rhodium by the 1 oz).

Of course I'm the kind of guy who would like to get a sample amount of iridium and osmium (latter is the heaviest metal and the rarest non-radioactive metal). Iridium and osmium available (last I looked) at elementsales.com.

benjamen

Yellow Jacket
Reaction score
LOL I keep getting asked that, but my nickname is just all the precious metals I have (or want in the case of Rhodium) in order, most to least expensive. Ag is my first love, but she's cheap
The price order of metals tend to change; what will do you if platinum reverts to being more expensive as I expect?

Welcome!
:wave:

silvercoinrn

Fly on the Wall
Reaction score
Ill Post some of my bullion. This is my largest bar. About a pound. does anyone have any info on this bar or its value?? i bought it about 2 months ago for 250 :) i know i did good just dont know if it has any collector value

Attachments

DoChenRollingBearing

Yellow Jacket
Supporter
Reaction score
@ silvercoinrn

When I was a teenager (LONG ago! early 1970s) the first silver bar I bought was a US Mint stamped bar for some irregular number of ounces (5 point something). I should never have sold that.

Nowadays I just stick with Silver Eagles (for silver), although a great case can be made for junk silver (1964 and before dimes & quarters) for a SHTF.

silvercoinrn

Fly on the Wall
Reaction score
Someone told me it looks like an old academy. Bar. He said the us used to make them and people traded in their silver certificates for the bars