IMF to buy 2+ Billion in Gold.

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Somehow, I doubt the IMF is buying physical, allocated gold. More paper claims to (re-)hypothecated gold would be my guess.

Somehow, I doubt the IMF is buying physical, allocated gold. More paper claims to (re-)hypothecated gold would be my guess.

...either way - it is telling... both about the supposed "TRADITION", and also their stupidity - if they are only buying paper... I'd like to see them trying to convince Chinese to accept some of that nice papers in exchange for their exports, in the near-mid term future!

....but, but, but - the gold is DOWN, yet again :flail: :rotflmbo:

I couldn't be a trader, I am not idiot enough to latch on the mass-stupidity of the market! It is either that, or as swissaustrian pointed out - the liquidity is drying up in the markets, so it is "sell everything we can, for whatever price" (this including PMs) - that would mean the repeat of 2008 is near.

The University of Texas bought $1 billion in gold not long ago, and UT is not even a bank.

Well, the story didn't make any sense to me on first read, so I can't say I'm terribly surprised.

Imagine that! A bogus, completely unresearched and uncorraborated story about a non-event by the largest NGO in the world. Who would have 'thunk it?

So that means when the correction article comes out tomorrow, Gold is due for a drop like a rock, yes?

:popcorn:

This is of course sarcasm. As if supply and demand had anything to do with the PM markets these days-Lol.

Back
Top Bottom