IMF to buy 2+ Billion in Gold.

pmbug

Your Host
Administrator
Reaction score
Somehow, I doubt the IMF is buying physical, allocated gold. More paper claims to (re-)hypothecated gold would be my guess.

bushi

Ground Beetle
Reaction score
Somehow, I doubt the IMF is buying physical, allocated gold. More paper claims to (re-)hypothecated gold would be my guess.
...either way - it is telling... both about the supposed "TRADITION", and also their stupidity - if they are only buying paper... I'd like to see them trying to convince Chinese to accept some of that nice papers in exchange for their exports, in the near-mid term future!

....but, but, but - the gold is DOWN, yet again :flail: :rotflmbo:

I couldn't be a trader, I am not idiot enough to latch on the mass-stupidity of the market! It is either that, or as swissaustrian pointed out - the liquidity is drying up in the markets, so it is "sell everything we can, for whatever price" (this including PMs) - that would mean the repeat of 2008 is near.

mike

Ground Beetle
Reaction score
The University of Texas bought $1 billion in gold not long ago, and UT is not even a bank.

pmbug

Your Host
Administrator
Reaction score
Well, the story didn't make any sense to me on first read, so I can't say I'm terribly surprised.

ancona

Praying Mantis
Reaction score
Imagine that! A bogus, completely unresearched and uncorraborated story about a non-event by the largest NGO in the world. Who would have 'thunk it?

the sugar monster

Fly on the Wall
Reaction score
So that means when the correction article comes out tomorrow, Gold is due for a drop like a rock, yes?

:popcorn:

This is of course sarcasm. As if supply and demand had anything to do with the PM markets these days-Lol.