Instant Legolas

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

pmbug

Your Host
Administrator
Benefactor
Reaction score
United-States
Posting this mostly so I can refer back to it later...

There is this German inventor (Joerg Sprave) who is inventing some nifty devices to turn archery bows into semi-auto rifles (sort of). He's got an entertaining YouTube channel and apparently has gotten the attention of some industry manufacturers.

Latest video:

I love how he chuckles whenever he fires the thing

loosing 10 arrows is all well and good if its into a big archery target but I recall as kids with proper longbows how expensive the arrows were and how important it was to recover the arrow.
I guess these modern bolts being used are not without cost but have no idea what a couple of hundred of em might cost .......

From the video description:
First prod. run, max 100 pcs, indivdually numbered - sold out 90 minutes after the video went online.
Second prod. run, 400 more pcs, shipping 3rd week of July. Now taking reservations.
Just the Fenris = 1000 €
Set with Assassin bow (as seen in video): 1200 €
email <redacted> for non binding reservation. Please state if you want just the Fenris or the complete set. First come first serve. International shipping available, but customs is your own risk (Australia, China, Scandinavia).

I'm really tempted.

...lol! I can see that despite "long time no see", I am still largely in mental sync with the lot on here :LOL::ROFLMAO:(y)

(...)
I guess these modern bolts being used are not without cost but have no idea what a couple of hundred of em might cost .......
one of the benefits of that contraptions is, you can use shorter bolts (faster, prob. cheaper, and cannot be shot back at you from a reg. bow ;)

With everything going on I may have to get another bow since I got rid of mine years ago, after I wrecked my back & carrying a 150+ pound deer out of the woods wasn't going to be very pleasant. Maybe a crossbow or a few other more old time weapons. Times like this it seems like my ammo stockpile seems smaller. I went to the range the other week & the wife & I hot a few hundred rounds. I knew ammo was getting scarce most places, but when I decided I'd get another can or 2 of M855 & some gold dots to load & couldn't believe there were several several sites who were COMPLETELY out of all ammo. Not even 12ga or 20ga bird shot FFS. Some of the stuff I typed into ammo search engines would have zero results when normally I'd get pages of results. I finally used a VERY broad search parameter & got 3 pages. Three! I ordered 2 boxes 150/ea of M855 & then found some bullets that weren't gold dots but pretty good bullets none the less.

Yeah, I've been reading on other forums where gun owners are universally having the same experiences right now. No one has inventory in stock right now. Demand is exceeding production supply apparently. Not sure if it's just because demand is extraordinary, or production is hampered by supply chain issues and/or C19 employee issues.

Yeah , shorter and cheaper than regular archery arrows but still have to be assembled by someone in China to make em affordable :confused:
One advantage of using the crossbow is that, if you are a good shot, you can recover and reuse ......

I thought this was using standard crossbow bolts. They are selling the end cap for the noch separately if you want to make your own bolts. Pretty sure they are making them in Austria or wherever in Europe they are making the bow.

I had a look around today and see that they are now selling the Fenris in the USA and Canada:

Still tempted, but struggling with the price tag.

Writing Archery History! With Orissa Kelly.​

Premiered May 23, 2023

22:01

Fire! Workshop gone. PLUS: The "ShapeShifter" Kukri​

Dec 26, 2023

5:47

Update: It seems like "StealthBeast" has been found, by @btv_unofficial4054. I was able to send a message to the person who most likely is the designer of the knife on one of the websites he is active on and now I am waiting for feedback. It would be SO cool if this project can become reality!

Thanks for all your kind words! A very welcome encouragement for sure.

Joerg has such an infectuous laugh. It's a real shame his workshop burned down - he's done a lot of cool things there.

Back
Top Bottom