Interesting Silver

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

This is a thread dedicated to silver than you find interesting, unusual, or you like the look of...

I present to you an actual silver bug coin:
http://qualitysilverbullion.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=71

The eagle design side isn't very unusal, but I love the other side with the beetles with Ag written on their wings!
:judge:

That is cool. Too bad it is not available anymore.

I really like this one http://www.providentmetals.com/1-oz-opm-999-fine-silver-bar.html I think that the fact that it is recycled is kind of neat and I thought the little mushroom was cool. It also has a fairly low premium on it.

Todays find is for the geeks in the group:
http://www.apmex.com/Product/67147/...lver_2_x_4_Coin_Sets___Dark_Side__Rebels.aspx

"This one-of-a-kind set includes four 1 oz .999-fine Silver coins. Each Star Wars coin has its own reverse design depicting different key parts of the Dark Side: Darth Vader, Emperor Palpatine, an Imperial Stormtrooper and the Death Star under construction.

Maybe as beautiful as the Silver coins themselves is the packaging. The New Zealand Mint has outdone itself again. The Dark Side set comes in a box shaped like Darth Vader's helmet. Open the case and hear the bone-chilling sound of Darth Vader."

"These commemorative Silver Star Wars coins have their own reverse designs depicting Luke and Leia, Han Solo and Chewbacca, Yoda and Obi-Wan Kenobi, and R2-D2 and C-3PO. With these collectible Silver coin sets, the New Zealand Mint has perfectly captured the honor, the bravery, and the strength of will displayed by the Rebel Alliance, the good guys of "Star Wars."

This Silver commemorative Star Wars coin set is presented in remarkable "Star Wars" packaging. The New Zealand Mint has produced a set of Star Wars coins that any collector would enjoy owning. The Rebel Alliance set comes in a box shaped like the Millennium Falcon. Open the Millennium Falcon case and hear authentic movie sound effects of the ship’s iconic “jump to light speed.”

:rotflmbo:

http://www.providentmetals.com/2011-mexican-aztec-calendar-kilo-silver-coins.html

"Currently available from our friends ‘South of the Border,' Mexican Aztec silver kilo coins present a stunning design of the Sun Stone, or Aztec Calendar, in impressive detail. This ‘stone' served as the calendar for Aztecs and other cultures in central Mexico prior to European colonization in the 15 th and 16 th centuries.

Containing 1 KILO, or 32.15 ounces of silver, Aztec calendar coins preserve the heritage of this historical treasure while providing a solid investment in a tangible, precious metal."

:drool::drool:

THANK YOU CHIG, and welcome!!!! Weren't we just talking about this a few months ago on this site how a well know manufacturer should do this.... I guess NWT Mint heard our calling.

APMEX has a new design for their fractional generic rounds. Based on coinage. There's one that looks like an ASE, one that looks like a quarter of some vintage, and the one I really like looks like a Mercury Dime.

I buy a little bit of fractional silver. In case I ever have to "spend" it, it seems to make sense to me to have some fractional sizes. I mean when the SHTF, PM values will explode. I don't want to trade an ounce of silver for something I could get for 1/10 oz.

I buy a little bit of fractional silver. In case I ever have to "spend" it, it seems to make sense to me to have some fractional sizes.

What's wrong with 90% silver coinage?? Premium is far, far less.

Chigg already mentioned the silver bullet bullion, but here's a video on how they are made (I thought it was pretty cool):

Indeed interesting piece of silver! A great gift to present to silver bugs. Wonder if they do have a gold version of it.

for some reason can't get this to embed, but interesting!

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice pick up Jay! I guess with the drop in spot those are not that expensive even with the high premium. Now I am tempted....

your post was the catalyst that encouraged me to buy them; I wasn't concerned about cost however, I just wanted it.

It must feel great to hold that heavy, 1 kilo bar in your hand.

Back
Top Bottom