Man throws away $500K in gold to spite ex-wife

ancona

Praying Mantis
Reaction score
Sorry nose, I had to spite my face. What he should have done is bury the gold, then borrow every dime he could get on their home, half of which she would be responsible for, then blow it all in Vegas. Hookers and blow would make short work of a fat envelope full of money.

Spite and vengeance can cut both ways.

DoChenRollingBearing

Yellow Jacket
Supporter
Reaction score

Exactly, ancona. Hide (very well!) part of it, and say, "Oh, OK, here's my gold!"

Some people just don't think enough. Even gold owners. Yikes!

I hope that our 27 years of being happily married NEVER comes to that. I have seen what divorces do to apparently otherwise rational people, and it often ain't pretty...

EDIT:

OK, I reached 1000 today, enough already! :)

Aubuy

Ground Beetle
Reaction score
You guys crack me up. There is zero chance he threw the gold away. It's a divorce. There are no rules in a knife fight. :rotflmbo:

mike

Ground Beetle
Reaction score
You guys crack me up. There is zero chance he threw the gold away. It's a divorce. There are no rules in a knife fight. :rotflmbo:
Good call. Obviously the publicity is his own psy-op on anyone that might have a say in his divorce. By the time it goes to court, everyone will believe he actually threw it away because the papers already said so.

pmbug

Your Host
Administrator
Reaction score
Anyone who really thinks this guy threw away half a mil in gold in a dumpster should PM me. I've got several bridges for sale.

ancona

Praying Mantis
Reaction score
Is it just me, or does it look like the picture of him is a mug shot? Was this guy arrested and charged with a crime? If it all happened before the divorce, I fail to see how a crime was committed. Perhaps stupidity is now considered a tort.

11C1P

Ground Beetle
Reaction score
I would hope he buried it somewhere too, but you never know what some people will do in a blind, spiteful rage. Not that I know anything about that though. Why are you looking at me like that?

Just noticed at the end of the article it says he's in jail on an "un-related" assault case. How much you wanna bet the assault was related to who's yard he hid the gold in, only to find it missing?

Last edited: