more silver

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

I wish I had at least a single piece of those ingots :)

Even though they look so "dirty", they are still solid silver inside.

I have been to the Nuestra Senora de la Atocha museum [Mel Fischer] in Florida and can testify to the sheer beauty of the old Spanish gold and silver. One chunk in particular was around four hundred pounds of silver coins that were fused together with coral growth, but he edge bit had been cleaned to show the coins as they appeared so long ago. The gold was awesome as well. The bars were kind of half-cigar shaped like a cigar cut lengthwise and each was stamped with some sort of nomenclature. The museum guide said they were worth between two and five times weight because they are documented ship-wreck gold.

don't remember which ship (USS South America?) but Monex sent us a VERY pricey catalog of sunken treasure bars, they spent quite a bit on the printing. Very pricey bars. It seems that the silver coins started at 700 each, if I recall correctly.

Back
Top Bottom