NASA Satellite Data Support ‘Shockingly Large’ Carbon Dioxide Fertilization Effect: Study

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Uncle

Predaceous Stink Bug
GIM2 Refugee
Reaction score
“Taylor and Schlenker [not NASA scientists, but from Columbia University] found that an increase of 1 part per million of carbon dioxide raised corn yields by 0.5 percent, soybean yields by 0.6 percent, and wheat yields by 0.8 percent.

Put another way, yields may have increased 1–2 [percent] per year due to CO2 fertilization in recent years,” the authors wrote, noting the positive correlation between increased atmospheric carbon dioxide and greater agricultural yields in recent decades.

They also noted that the potentially dramatic fertilizing effect of atmospheric carbon dioxide might not be so unexpected, given how it’s used in actual agricultural greenhouses.
“The gas has long been pumped into greenhouses to spur photosynthesis and increase the yield of horticultural crops. Optimal CO2 concentrations of 900 [parts per million] have been suggested, which is over twice current ambient levels,” the authors wrote."

Golden Regards
Uncle

unfortunately, my standard response from anything from any university genius, is now:

"Get Back With Me When You've Got Proof, Either Way, until then, I'd like my hard-earned-taxpayer-money back..."

Taylor and Schlenker [not NASA scientists, but from Columbia University] found that an increase of 1 part per million of carbon dioxide raised corn yields by 0.5 percent, soybean yields by 0.6 percent, and wheat yields by 0.8 percent.

Last edited:
In recent media reports NASA was happy to suggest that the additional greening its satellite imagery showed, was evidence of the green revolution ie monsatan products.
I immediately read it as more greenery around population centres because there is more carbon dioxide available ........

Sun cycles cause atmospheric changes
CO2 is plant food

Trump tried to point out the lie but he got steamrollered , something similar happened when he suggested chlorine dioxide was an effective treatment for Rona .............

There is a really derided sect of climatologist who believe that we have not fully exited from the last ice age. Earth's temperatures have always been warmer than now, barring the ice ages. To me, it seems that they are correct. Global warming science is just a bad theorem pushed by the elite political class for their monetary and power gains.

There is a really derided sect of climatologist who believe that we have not fully exited from the last ice age. Earth's temperatures have always been warmer than now, barring the ice ages. To me, it seems that they are correct. Global warming science is just a bad theorem pushed by the elite political class for their monetary and power gains.

I wonder how the Expanding Earth theory would interact. My WAG is that as the earth expands the crust gets farther from the hot core. I would expect a bit of cooling over the long-term as an added effect.

unfortunately, my standard response from anything from any university genius, is now:

"Get Back With Me When You've Got Proof, Either Way, until then, I'd like my hard-earned-taxpayer-money back..."

“Taylor and Schlenker [not NASA scientists, but from Columbia University] found that an increase of 1 part per million of carbon dioxide raised corn yields by 0.5 percent, soybean yields by 0.6 percent, and wheat yields by 0.8 percent.

Put another way, yields may have increased

did you miss the part: May Have???

what type of science are we paying for???

the 'fer sher' part or the 'may have' part???

we can't have both (maybe if we all contribute enough, maybe we can...)

did you miss the part: May Have???

what type of science are we paying for???

the 'fer sher' part or the 'may have' part???

we can't have both (maybe if we all contribute enough, maybe we can...)

What's your point?

It's a known fact that increased atmospheric CO2 levels contribute to additional growth.

1667819273295.png

The article gives quantitative figures and I'm sure there must be a host of others.

The graph above is from here.

Note from the above graph how steep the rate of change is either side of normal air
So a small decrease in CO2 will have a big impact on plant growth.
They have declared war on it !

If I remember from the climate change debates CO2 clearly trails temperatures. So if we are getting Colder then we should expect CO2 to decrease and again, another indication for tough crop growth and food shortages.

If I remember from the climate change debates CO2 clearly trails temperatures. So if we are getting Colder then we should expect CO2 to decrease and again, another indication for tough crop growth and food shortages.

Found a good short video explaining this effect. CO2 is absolutely a LAGGING indicator. IE it has absolutely NO control but just follows temperatures.

Be sure to chew corn really well.

What's your point?

It's a known fact that increased atmospheric CO2 levels contribute to additional growth.

View attachment 2422

The article gives quantitative figures and I'm sure there must be a host of others.

The graph above is from here.
Any greenhouse farmers will tell you 1200 ppm is great for plant growth. Not sure of the effect on humans but it certainly isn't the end of the world.

Back
Top Bottom