PMBug moving to a new server

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

pmbug

Your Host
Administrator
Benefactor
Reaction score
United-States
pmbug.com will be moving to a new server soon (maybe tomorrow night or some time this weekend). When it happens, PMBug will be at a new IP address. It might take a day or two for the new IP address to be updated in the DNS server that you are using (meaning that you will get an error message when you try to open PMBug). If that happens, don't panic. It's normal when a site moves to a new server.

If you end up getting an error message when trying to open PMBug, you can try clearing your browser's cache, closing your browser and then opening it again. This can force your browser to check the DNS server for a fresh update.

OK, if you are reading this, you are seeing pmbug on the new server. :)

I think everything is working correctly, but please let me know if you notice something that isn't working as it should be.

seamless ( for me anyway)

and reassuring that you are happy to continue with the site, Bug.

Thank you.

And all those broken links fixed in Gold and Silver news !

Last edited:
And all those broken links fixed in Gold and Silver news !

Oh snap! I didn't even see that last night. :rotflmbo:

The new server is running an up to date version of PHP and the script that manages the RSS feed for the news page likely needed a more up to date version to work properly. :paperbag:

BTW, the new server is roughly 9 times faster than the old one and uses a solid state hard drive instead of a traditional one, so you might notice pages loading a bit faster. :)

I just now fixed a setting for the forum so it should resume sending email notifications in line with your profile setting.

Back
Top Bottom