Russia-V-Ukraine

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

ancona

Praying Mantis
Reaction score
I'm watching this Ukraine situation unfold, as the west makes mistake after mistake. The only reason there are sanctions on Russia is because the EU did not want them to be loyal to Russia. Nothing more and nothing less. This is about politics pure and simple.

These assholes will eventually put too much pressure on Putin and he will simple walk in and take the Ukraine [back]. They had better watch how they move going forward, because it isn't a game to Putin, since he plays for keeps.:judge:

I'll admit that I'm really not paying as much attention to this issue as I probably should. I think there is a lot of posturing happening, but in the end, everything significant that happens over there is going to be done "below the table". It's not in anyone's interest to escalate a direct confrontation between Russia and the West.

Putin just declared a ban on ALL imported food from sanctioning countries. It's usually a very bad idea to bite the hand that feeds you. Russia spends more than a few nickles and dimes in the grand scheme of things, and they control the east pretty much by themselves in the north, and china has the south. If we fuck with Russia too hard, their newest and 'bestest' buddy [China] may just flex their financial muscles. They could cripple us pretty quickly simply by dumping a couple hundred billion in bonds.
"
Putin is far better at tit for tat" than out idiot in chief.

Putin is definately good at tit for tat. I agree with Bug that a west vs RU war is not good for anyone, but Russia would ultimately lose that one. Russia is strong but not unstopable, I don't think anyone really is anymore. Putin knows this and maximizes what he can without going over the edge.

Meanwhile, President Ebola tweets foreign policy between putts.

Kiev is on fire again, and Russia is on full alert along the border. There is no way that Ukraine can possibly hold Putin back if he really wants the Ukraine. Europe will be the ultimate loser in this game of brinksmanship in my opinion, since Russia has a pretty fat reserve of cash on hand, and a new, very, very rich friend in China. They are also courting various and sundry other nations that are no longer interested in being the United States bitch.

It's getting interesting very quickly now.

Last edited:
Maybe the Russians will team up with Cuba once again and fill Castro's island with their missiles.

Back
Top Bottom