Saturday Rant

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

ancona

Praying Mantis
Reaction score
So this week started out pretty weird, what with the .Gov shutdown and all, then it proceeded to get absolutely surreal. It seems that these federal workers who just came off a two week paid vacation have decided to take out their apparent anger and frustration on all of us contractors because you know…..it’s all our fault and everything, so let’s make them squirm. I got a shitty e-mail that also went to half the people on the planet, directing me to have all of my submittal documents prepared by the end of next week for full review by engineering and environmental. Keeping in mind that we have only just been awarded a lot of this work and are not even under contract yet. These asswipes are all torqued up to have us fall out of the sky on these projects and they appear to be pulling out the stops to make it happen come hell or high water. Ordinarily we have thirty days to prepare documents for submission, then engineering and environmental reviews take a minimum of 21 days. After that, there is a PAK meeting [project kick-off], a meeting of mutual understanding to go over contract terms, a “partnering meeting”, where we sit around eating hors ‘d oeuvres and agreeing to play nice with each other, a nuts-and-bolts meeting and a pre-construction meeting [pre-con]. This time it looks like we’re going straight to the pre-con and starting work in a few weeks. I’ve never seen this before. Our initial plan with the largest project was to lay down a bit on paperwork submission, use all the time allotment, then stretch out the NTP until after Christmas, since the holidays suck the motivation out of everyone.

We absolutely do not want to start this monster before Christmas, so we’re going to start the whole thing by throwing the yellow flag on the play and calling foul. I sure hope it works, because to have this paperwork completed and turned in by next week is impossible.

On the local front, the house next door continues to deteriorate each week, as neither the “owner/broker" nor the real estate agent want to lift a finger to do a damn thing to the property. The “grass” in the back yard is chest high now and the front yard just a bit shorter. There are now scrubby bushes throughout the yard since it hasn’t been cut in something approaching forever. We have tried and tried to get the county to do something about this damn eyesore, but no banana’s. I’ve gone to code enforcement, which is all over people giving them fines for having accumulated water in flower pots because it promotes mosquito population growth, but they have yet to respond to what in real estate terms is a very real, attractive nuisance. The windows are broken out, the copper wires stripped out, the septic tank lid is smashed in as is the gray water tank lid. The walls inside are moldy and the place has become a petri dish with a whole rainbow of colors as the mold flourishes inside this wide-open nightmare. Meanwhile, my property sits in stark contrast, losing value each and every week this shit-hole sits vacant. Multiple offers have been rebuffed, since each successive owner believes they will be able to extort thirty five or forty grand from some sucker or another. The local miscreants have taken to use it as a place to go and do drugs, so it’s probably a matter of time before someone finds a dead body inside. What makes it all so aggravating is the fact that I helped install the ceramic tiles throughout the house and put in a very nice, completely updated bathroom. Now, it’s a total loss.

A lesser man would have arranged for a clear-air lightning strike a long time ago.

The world-wide monetary subterfuge is threatening to become real and in the forefront, as China continues to forge economic agreements which eliminate the need for dollars in transactions and replaces it with the Yuan. Our arrogance has come back to bite us in the ass, possibly for the last time. We’ve used up our credibility and pushed the world one time too many, so the world is quietly fighting back with the best tool they can use; economics. The days of dollar hegemony are coming to a close, although I don’t see us going down without a fight. I believe the one thing keeping China from going all in is the sheer volume of dollars in the world. Until recently, China has kept the Yuan strictly at home, buying foreign currencies to do business in other nations. Recently however, they have struck large monetary accords which require use of Yuan in transactions, something that appears to be working. The strength of the Chinese currency is obviously tied to world consumption of their goods and services, so if we really wanted to we could collapse the dollar, and with it all demand. While it would inflict untold pain upon our people and indeed, the entire world, it would also destroy China in one fell swoop. This material fact has not escaped the planners in China, who are buying up the worlds resources with their dollar reserves [bonds] like a plague of locusts in a cornfield.

It feels a lot like the end-game is in play, only there’s no chatter, no discussion, and seemingly anyway, no fear. When this blows sky high no one will have seen it coming and no one will go to jail [again]. We’ll all be completely on our own, and those who were in the know will be sitting in their chalet sipping 40 year old scotch bitching about how hard it is to get any decent steaks anymore. By doing absolutely nothing in ’08, and by allowing these fuck masters get away with trillions of dollars of loot with little more than a few billion dollar wrist slaps, we have assured our ultimate destruction. Justice delayed is justice denied. Those who have savings will be bailed-in and destroyed. Those who have nothing will starve. Whether by design or by simple benign greed, the outcome is assured already, it really is just a matter of time.

I guess I should be happy that summer finally broke and it’s a lot cooler and drier these afternoons. The oranges are ripening on the tree and the winter garden is in full swing. We’ll be canning by Christmas and should have a hell of a harvest. The mother hen that sat on a turkey egg is doing a fine job with the turkey chick and at this point, she still doesn’t realize it’s not her chick, but that doesn’t matter to her and she takes on all comers when they come around to check out the baby. It really is pretty funny to watch. In a month the turkey will be bigger than the hen!

I am going to sit back, and to the extent possible anyway, watch it all unfold in third person. We’ve “installed” all the “insulation” we could and set ourselves up for the worst, so I guess anything better than the worst is a bonus at this point.

Milder than usual but nevertheless, sorry about the rant.

Last edited:
The feds want to pretend this shutdown is a "null pros" - it never happened. They take time off and expect the rest to make up for their paid vacation. Typical. Just part of the whipping they paid *extra* to give the taxpayers - lock us out of stuff we paid for, or even the frigging ocean if reports I've heard are true.

While inflicting more than "due process" on you regardless (only if it's negative for you, of course), they take a mulligan. We even ran into that one back in the '70s, whenever they got desperate and declared "it's an emergency".

I have this theory that Anacona is not a real person, but in fact is really a committee of people sitting in a dark room in Washington DC trying different story-lines to see if somebody like me will respond so they can tap my phones and put me on a watch list. So I just want to say to the committee that I am not fooled anymore. There is no possibility a single guy could be doing and writing all of the things in these "rants". You guys have gotten completely carried away with too many different story-lines, and it's just not believable anymore. When does this guy actually have time to work? :rotflmbo:

So next time you invent another internet personality I suggest you make their "life" much less complicated like regular people. And as for the "Anacona" character, if you insist on continuing with this charade, I think you should give the guy a vacation on his next rant (I'm going to Disneyland for a month!) or maybe have him come out of the closet and move to San Francisco to write poetry (I can't stop hugging people!), or maybe have him win the Powerball Lottery and buy a private jet (champagne dreams and caviar wishes!) and have lunch with the President (he let me touch his basketball!), because if he really is a "Government Contractor" (wink, wink) he would probably be in a mental institution by now where they don't allow internet access. So I feel sorry for the "Anacona" character and think you guys need to start letting him have more fun, at least online. :mrt:

Of the things you mentioned the broken house would bother me.

Im shocked I tell you

shocked !

oh wait, thats what Im supposed to be )-:

Im just sorry that our good friend(s) ancona has to put up with so much crap from so many uncaring sources that purport to be there to look after our interests.

Im seeing a shift in the world of construction as the bigger boyz bring their 'last man standing' philosophy further down the food chain, in order to pass the pain on to any subcontractor who still thinks that 'working together' is the best way ........

I am fortunate that my standstill costs are low enough to only need to work a day a week and do not have to put up with all the blame game stuff that is now endemic.

Ancona you have my full sympathy and support ( aint keyboard support easy ?) and I hope you can find a way to function that gives you some sense of satisfaction.

Here you go Mark- float this idea, Merry Christmas!

A San Francisco Bay Area city is moving ahead with its first-in-the-nation plan to use the government's constitutional power of eminent domain to seize hundreds of underwater mortgages.

The Richmond City Council voted 4-3 early Wednesday to set up a Joint Powers Authority to bring more cities into the plan. Mayor Gayle McLaughlin says the city of El Monte in Southern California has expressed interest, and she believes other cities will follow.

Under the plan, Richmond would use eminent domain to seize the underwater mortgages. It would then offer the bank fair market value for it and give the homeowner a new loan that would lower monthly payments and improve the owner's chances of staying.

Banks have filed lawsuits to stop Richmond from going ahead.

Richmond can now invoke eminent domain if trusts for more than 620 delinquent and performing "underwater" mortgages reject offers made by the city to buy the loans at deep discount pegged to their properties' current appraised prices to refinance them and reduce their principal.

A mortgage is under water when its unpaid balance is greater than its property's market value.

City council members opposed to the plan said that using eminent domain would put Richmond at risk of expensive lawsuits that could destroy the city's finances.

"A 1 percent chance of bankruptcy from this program is a deal-breaker for me," Councilman Jim Rogers told a crowd of about 300 people at the meeting, moved to a city auditorium from the council's chamber.

Other council members warned of a backlash from financial institutions, noting Richmond had no takers last month when the successor to its redevelopment agency put $34 million of bonds up for sale to refinance previous debt. The eminent domain plan had been disclosed to the U.S. municipal bond market.

While housing advocates urged support for the plan, realtor Jeffrey Wright warned that going through with eminent domain could prompt a clampdown in mortgage lending in Richmond or push up mortgage interest rates in the city of about 104,000 residents.

Responding to the plan, the Federal Housing Finance Agency recently said it would press Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac to limit or cease its business where such proposals get approved, effectively closing off most mortgage financing there.

http://www.nbcnews.com/business/cal...ter-mortgages-using-eminent-domain-8C11128804

Ahhhh........ummm.......How to respond.....

Aubuy,
I'm not sure if you are truly concerned that I'm a government plant, or just having a little fun. Either way, I tend to parody myself and my cohorts in our industry [Industrial scale remediation and demolition/dismantlement] because it's so easy to do. I guess if one takes what I write to a conspiratorial level, then adds a little bit of imagination, perhaps someone could come to that conclusion, but c'mon brother.....really?

Words can be used to describe, but they can also be used to entertain, which is mostly what I try to do, albeit on a bit of a darker tint than the average djiblottie. On one level, I hope that I am educating people; helping them to unravel the lies we're fed every day. On another level, I hope I am encouraging folks to maintain some measure of preparedness. I live in Florida, so we expect to get hit by hurricanes and large storms on a fairly regular basis. While totally random, hurricane strikes are horrible events and many here in my immediate area only have minimal preparations, expecting Uncle Savior to roll in with his FEMA army to hand out Mo Free Shit, as has been the case in the past is a bad plan to hold on to. I like knowing my family can tell FEMA to go pound sand, because we not only do not need any help, but have worked with our neighbors to get them prepared and are self sufficient.

I find it mildly amusing that you [presuming you are serious] translate my writing in to something that it is neither meant to be, nor intended to be interpreted. Hopefully I have cleared up these misconceptions about my writing, and given some insight to my intentions. I want nothing but good for the average Joe and Jane. I want everyone to re-assume some personal responsibility and control over their own destiny, nothing more and nothing less.

Last edited:
Of all people on here, ancona, is NOT a govt plant. The notion is silly and unfounded.

I known this guy for over 4 years online. His story is consistent. I known him for 2 other message boards. He uses the same screen name- this is something I did not do. Having read hundreds of his posts and talking to him via email- he is consistent.

The notion that he is a plant is foolish.

Per haps a few of you- dont think it adds up- that you come in late into the picture- I am sure you can find others who would laugh at the thought that this is even suggested. He has been more up front then a % of the people.

I have known Mark for over 4 years. Lets not insult him, or myself on the accusation that he is a plant. It would not be hard to locate others to confirm this.

A few weeks ago- someone accused me of being a bot. I ignored it.

Dont be saying Mark is a fake. He isnt.

I am sorry but I never said that Mark is fake (whoever Mark is?). I only said that I think Anacona is probably a committee of people writing under the pseudonym of "ANACONA" which probably stands for Albert, Nancy, Arman, Charles, O'Leary, Najib, and Analisapopolo (who get's teased a lot). I am trying to figure out which one of them caught the fresh tuna because I love tuna. I am pretty sure O'Leary is the one who loves beer. :beer:

I am also pretty sure that DCFusor is a group of nuclear scientists sitting in the lunchroom at the Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) trying to get terrorists to "friend" them since it's pretty obvious that the DCFusor "group" knows how to design and build a nuclear device that can fit in a cell phone and still drop calls like a real one. So even though I really truly love reading DCFusor (thanks guys!) I am not going to request that he send me any thermonuclear devices via regular mail. Maybe FedEX so I can track it, but no way USPS. :wave:

Since I never joke around, and I take everything very seriously, :pffftt: I will continue to read the posts of both Anacona and DCFusor in attempt to figure out where they buy those cool ties with NSA insignias. I do not wish to offend these nice people and I hope that my posts are helpful to others on PMBug trying to figure out "Is it Time to Buy Gold Now" which in my opinion is one of the best threads ever written by a single individual not in federal custody, which is where I will probably be soon, unless PMBug pulls my plug first. :flushed:

Fun response! I don't know who Anacona is, but M. Ancona is alive and well, posting regularly here and elsewhere!

Last edited by a moderator:
Fun response! I don't know who Anacona is, but M. Ancona is alive and well, posting regularly here and elsewhere!

although I don't have any friends, friend, I most certainly enjoy reading your posts!

TSA and Customs Agents were wroking just fine during the "Shutdown", I read that something like only 20% of .gov workers were actually furloughed...

I was disappointed and shocked (shocked!) that the Dems won again.

ancona, maybe you could start a small garden in your neighbor's yard... Some fall plant that does not grow too high. Not being a gardener, I have no suggestions though...

:)

I could do ten or twelve clusters of sweet potatoes which would, in very short order, take over the entire property yet provide hundreds of pounds of sweet, delicious 'taters.

...however- I am sure we are looked in on.

MIAC report comes to mind

I made the same mistake a while back.

On the local front, the house next door continues to deteriorate each week, ... Multiple offers have been rebuffed, since each successive owner believes they will be able to extort thirty five or forty grand from some sucker or another. ...

I had been wondering what was going on with this since you last talked about it. The property has been sold several times now (in recent history)? Or, since the place went derelict, it's still the same stubborn owner refusing to fix or sell (at a fair price)?

PMBug- the owner/tenant was booted out long ago.

I also wondered what came of it.

The original Owner defaulted in late '06. A property company bought it at auction and sat on it for seven months or so. The Clampetts moved in and after a few months, stopped paying on what was essentially a rent-to-own scheme. Six or seven months later they got the boot. The property has changed hands twice more since then, with the new "owner" dropping the ask each time. We're now down to 24 thousand ask for this totaled out POS. With each new owner, we start the whole bug hunt over again, trying to get the county to do something about the clear and actionable deficiencies at this property, but no luck so far.

Perhaps at some point it will be priced low enough that I will be interested in buying it to simply demolish. i would then level the lot, put in a small retention pond and absorb the property in to my side yard. I can be patient when i must, so here I sit.

The original Owner defaulted in late '06. A property company bought it at auction and sat on it for seven months or so. The Clampetts moved in and after a few months, stopped paying on what was essentially a rent-to-own scheme. Six or seven months later they got the boot. The property has changed hands twice more since then, with the new "owner" dropping the ask each time. We're now down to 24 thousand ask for this totaled out POS. With each new owner, we start the whole bug hunt over again, trying to get the county to do something about the clear and actionable deficiencies at this property, but no luck so far.

Perhaps at some point it will be priced low enough that I will be interested in buying it to simply demolish. i would then level the lot, put in a small retention pond and absorb the property in to my side yard. I can be patient when i must, so here I sit.

Offer them 10k and demolish it yourself. I'll bring a sledgehammer!

I don't remember the exact dates or the timeline [I'm not getting any younger], but I've offered them up to 12,000 dollars at least once. My current offer is $7,500, and I think that is even a little bit rich. At one point, the house was still in good enough shape to save, so I thought I would allocate some dough from Little Anconas account, fix the place up for her, and she would have an income property for as long as she wanted to put up with the hassle. Now, the cost-benefit of a purchase, gut-out and rehab does not make as much sense. I'd have to put in 25 large just to pass a county inspection and get my certificate of occupancy, and that does not include a new septic tank and drain field, which would run another 8 - 10 grand.

I could do ten or twelve clusters of sweet potatoes which would, in very short order, take over the entire property yet provide hundreds of pounds of sweet, delicious 'taters.

the red skinned, white fleshed ones seem to do the best for us...

I hoped the next door neighbor would have bought an adjacent vacant pot so he had off street parking- they want a staggering $29,500- it is not tiny- nor huge- it is not a corner lot. I am told no bank will loan on it- because the next street over is a red lined area. The owner wont carry a mortgage- so basically- it will require an all cash buyer- ponder this tho- they could buy a vacant lot-(30k) OR 1/2 of a duplex for 25k. My next door neighbor also wanted more space for the kids to play. The seller is stingy on the price-wont owner finance- I can see how this will go- she will try to sell it for years- no bank will loan, and she wont carry paper- when she finally decides to drop the price or carry paper- the kids will be 16- and into getting a job- and after school events- so it will be too late.

30k for a vacant lot- or 25k for one side of a duplex- (which banks will loan on- because that street is not in red line district- ) (adjacent)

That's what ours look like Jay. They just sort of spread out and go wherever they want to. I have actually used the lawn mower to keep them in check. Now, I just leave them be. I'll bet if we dug up every last tuber we would have five or six hundred pounds of them.

we have tried all kinds of sweet potatoes. Right now we have the red skinned, white fleshed ones and the white skinned, white fleshed ones growing. Also purple potatoes; I wanted ube but so far I've been unable to locate it in the US. Bing swears the white/white ones are the best, but I can't tell any difference. .

Ours are good old fashioned Florida Pumpkin orange sweet potatoes. We found some growing in a neighbors garden even after he plowed it all up, so we figured if these things can over-winter and keep on sending out runners, they must be pretty tough. We were right. these things are like weeds now. In fact, in SHTF I would run around with cuttings and plant them on every little vacant bit of dirt I could find. It would get mighty boring eating these things exclusively, but this is Florida man, there's no valid reason to go hungry here. Between the cabbage palms, sweet 'taters, oranges, grapefruit, fish, etc., food is available all over the place.

A drive down any street in my neighborhood reveals fruit trees literally everywhere and plenty of wasted dirt to scratch up and plant things. Greens are another thing that will grow uncontested and uncared for. Collards, Swiss Chard, Spinach and others will all grow with almost zero input.

Ours are good old fashioned Florida Pumpkin orange sweet potatoes. We found some growing in a neighbors garden even after he plowed it all up, so we figured if these things can over-winter and keep on sending out runners, they must be pretty tough. We were right. these things are like weeds now. In fact, in SHTF I would run around with cuttings and plant them on every little vacant bit of dirt I could find. It would get mighty boring eating these things exclusively, but this is Florida man, there's no valid reason to go hungry here. Between the cabbage palms, sweet 'taters, oranges, grapefruit, fish, etc., food is available all over the place.

A drive down any street in my neighborhood reveals fruit trees literally everywhere and plenty of wasted dirt to scratch up and plant things. Greens are another thing that will grow uncontested and uncared for. Collards, Swiss Chard, Spinach and others will all grow with almost zero input.

don't forget Malibar spinach (no one even knows its food and canna lilies, more nutritious than a potato and eaten over most of the world...

I like the idea of vegetative "terrorism" but you can't harvest those guys on the neighbor's yard, you'll get caught probably.

Hey, I was gonna rant to, but I found something better than mine - you guys gotta see this, but read the article first. If by the end of watching the Mark Dice video you aren't throwing up and throwing things, or laughing hysterically, there's something serious wrong with you.

I reckon he's exposing / testing their normalcy bias ......

A few years ago we were walking through a town when my friends son had an epileptic fit.
Most people gave us a very wide berth. Just one ( a nurse) asked if she could help ........

Last edited:

I am still skeptical. In searching the internet I have now discovered that "M. Ancona" is actually a computer expert in Omaha, Nebraska (where coincidentally the NSA has the largest secret computer spying installation on the planet) so please don't arrest me for posting this, but here is what I found:

M. Ancona
Greater Omaha Area Computer Hardware

M. Ancona's Skills & Expertise
Cloud Computing RFID+ Software Development Barcode Technology Mobile Devices Mobile Applications Mobile Technology Information Technology Technology Strategy Integration Networking Wireless Troubleshooting Program Management Domestic Surveillance Counterespionage Gardener

How do you explain that? :wave:

Hmmm......So I have a doppelganger?:shrug:

It's a possibility. However, only a computer expert could possibly know what a doppelgänger is. I recommend everyone reading this thread immediately check their own computer for doppelgängers before it spreads. :flail:

You are looking at the wrong Mr. Ancona. Follow this link and click on "All Systems Go". It leads to a copy of an article I wrote some time ago for Construction and Demolition recycling Magazine about a project we did at the Space Center.

http://www.kuhnequipment.com/news.html

Aubuy has you biting ancona(s) ...........

Hes being a bit trollesque ( ok I just made up that word )
and because weve never had such behaviour here, weve been lulled into thinking it cant happen.

I am enjoying the whole thing :popcorn:
and obviously have done my research on Aubuy

It seems that he was on the darkside until quite recently but is now one of the White Dragon Society good guys.

Still a few old habits to break then :pffftt:

No, I'm not biting. I'm simply redirecting the conversation back where it belongs. While my name may not be so common here, in north east Italy it is as common as Smith is to us. Not too sure what Aubuy's game is, but I won't be playing.

You are looking at the wrong M. Ancona. Follow this link and click on "All Systems Go". It leads to a copy of an article I wrote some time ago for Construction and Demolition recycling Magazine about a project we did at the Space Center.

http://www.kuhnequipment.com/news.html

Very timely article! I just demolished a brick wall yesterday and it looks alot like the picture in the article, however that was not my intention. Who knew that the concrete core hidden inside could do something like that if you hit it with a tractor. Seriously, I am not kidding about that. The results were disastrous. I should have asked you first. :paperbag:

However, now that you have pointed a gazillion google searches your direction with the millions of readers on this thread I thought I would warn you that you are in another kind of danger, because it appears you are possibly part of the infamous "one percent". People can see that you have a job and a title and live in place that can be reached by hitchhiking. So I would be scared witless that you are going to start seeing homeless cannibal zombies wandering around your parking lot and calling on their Obamaphone looking for work. Run. Run away as fast as you can. Wear a disguise. (DCFusor has a great one with long hair and a beard that would work great). Find out where he got that wig. Change your name. Maybe add an A to it. GOOD LUCK AND GOD SPEED Mr. ANACONA!

(In the meantime I will do whatever I can to confuse people as to your true identity on the internet) :cheers:

Last edited:
Aubuy has you biting ancona(s) ...........

Hes being a bit trollesque ( ok I just made up that word )
and because weve never had such behaviour here, weve been lulled into thinking it cant happen.

I am enjoying the whole thing :popcorn:
and obviously have done my research on Aubuy

It seems that he was on the darkside until quite recently but is now one of the White Dragon Society good guys.

Still a few old habits to break then :pffftt:

Well, I am not a troll or a bot. This is the only website where I post. I found the site because of Goldmart messing with my first and only order for a small inconsequential coin, and they really pissed me off so I posted my complaint, and then hung around because some of the comments here can be interesting. I have enough time where I can fool around and poke fun at some of the stuff I read. I don't want to offend anybody, and humor is very hard to translate on the internet. It can often be mis-interpreted as sarcasm, or criticism, when in fact I am just trying to make a joke. The topics here are serious ones, money, survival, environmental disaster, world financial collapse, people in pain, people losing their jobs, wealth being wiped out, and gardening. See I can't help myself. :rotflmbo:

But I am not a troll and mean no harm. I share some of the concerns here and I do make serious comments from time to time. I see storm clouds gathering on the horizon, however if I were on Titanic I would probably be trying to tell Eskimo jokes to see if I could get a laugh. :rimshot:

I enjoy your sense of humor Aubuy, but it's best not to make it personal with people.

I redacted Ancona's first name from this thread. While he tends to be quite open and sharing about his life and situation, we don't need to help Google, et. al. connect dots with his full name.

Thanks PMBug. Good advice. His first name is still in the quote part on post #37 and I agree with removing personal identifiers. I would suggest you take his first name out of the quote also. There are too many potentially bad people in the world that might want to track posts and cause trouble for innocent folks.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom