Your Host
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm surprised they let him speak as much as they did:

Unbeatable

Big Eyed Bug
Reaction score
Like the 'Mr T' title.

Yes definitely let him speak a while. They could be getting to the point where they want more informed investors to starting buying physical. Maybe they're worried that if they do too good a job talking down gold in America, there might not be enough about to confiscate in a few months.

bushi

Ground Beetle
Reaction score
...what was more telling than listening to our good old Peter on a roll (man, he can speak ;) - and make sense all the same), was his CNBC audience's reactions - approving nods, "uhms", etc, generally - appreciating mood, instead of usual disbelief mixed with the ridicule. Seems like everybody is slowly starting to get the message...

DoChenRollingBearing

Yellow Jacket
Supporter
Reaction score

Hmm, how interesting that CNBS may be warming up, even if slightly, to allow gold being discussed as a legitimate investment.

Has there been a management shift there?

pmbug

Your Host
Administrator
Reaction score
I think it's quite clear from the anchor's questions that Peter was invited to speak to provide her a forum to talk down gold.

Unbeatable

Big Eyed Bug
Reaction score
I think it's quite clear from the anchor's questions that Peter was invited to speak to provide her a forum to talk down gold.
I don't think so. Any interviewer these days tends to take the opposite side of the argument.

The fact that it was a pretty girl, with a not too aggressive style, limited interruptions and frequent agreeable nods, makes it one of the most gold positive interviews I've seen in a while.

It looks like even the CNBC herd realizes that they're just front-running the Fed and when the music stops you better find yourself sitting on a golden chair or else...