Scientists find clitorises on female snakes (weird thing to look for?)

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

.41Dave

Fly on the Wall
GIM2 Refugee
Reaction score

This struck me as a pretty weird thing to be looking for. I would not have thought there were people asking if snakes seduce each other, never mind making it their life's work, but there it is.​

Australia: Scientists find clitorises on female snakes​

• Published
      1 day ago
A green snake
IMAGE SOURCE,GETTY IMAGES
Image caption,
The discovery of the clitoris in snakes suggest there could be seduction and pleasure in the mating process
By Frances Mao
BBC News

Scientists have discovered that snakes do have clitorises, shattering a long-held assumption that the females didn't have a sexual organ.
Research published Wednesday provides the first proper anatomical descriptions of female snake genitalia.

More at the link:

Nature has their reasons for such things. I used to rehab possums. The males have a forked penis with two ends. My Vet was quite intrigued when we neutered one of the little guys. Apparently the female possums have a double uterus.

Sometimes after too much wine, the gals in our group get to teasing... they claim half us guys can't find the switch on them much less snakes in the outback...

Weird thing to look for? Consider who are now government scientists...government grant-awarders...what KINDS of people go into FUNDED research. Like the nuclear scientist with a bald head and many tubes of lipstick, and a full wardrobe of evening gowns.

The insane and psychotically-perverted, have taken over government.

Did the snake identify as female?

Back
Top Bottom