State of gold

benjamen

Yellow Jacket
Reaction score
Strong dollar makes for cheap gold, but long term super low interest rate bonds makes gold attractive:
http://www.cnbc.com/id/102453322?__...adline|headline|story&par=yahoo&doc=102453322

Personally, I am loving the USD gaining strength. My earnings can now buy more gold and foreign stocks (check out dividend yields on companies such as BBL, GSK, and TD) each month! In a world of stupidly low bond rates, real estate, dividend stocks, and gold are great places to be.

:popcorn:

ancona

Praying Mantis
Reaction score
Too bad this strong dollar is only because every other country has falling currency, and not because of fundamental strength.

11C1P

Yellow Jacket
Reaction score
If the curtain ever got pulled back for the world to see what was really going on, I would say the dollar would collapse, but at this point, I agree that I don't know what other currency (besides PM's) people might run to as being safe and sound.

rblong2us

Yellow Jacket
Reaction score
how about the Norwegian Krone ?

They have a great surplus from North Sea oil and do not seem to be on anybodys radar like the swiss or russians.

DoChenRollingBearing

Yellow Jacket
Reaction score

Well, now (Sunday evening, US ET), gold is having a mini-spike (now at $1220). I just bought some more from Provident, and as long as I get it OK (Due in tomorrow), I'm OK with gold going up AFTER I buy it.

Up after I buy it? That's a change.

:)

Top Bottom