Stock Market comedy

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

29et5zo.jpg

A very unsatisfying end to the week.

Yeah, they basically could have just shut down for the wekend at around 11:00 a.m., because that is where tehy ended up anywhay. Wow, what a complete waste of life. Most of the folks I know have alsready gotten out of their 401K's and in to either cash or PM's

Most of the folks I know have already gotten out of their 401K's and in to either cash or PM's

how different the worlds we inhabit ...........

most folk i know are just beginning to notice that those green shoots didnt come to much and are confident that 'they' will sort it out.

A spring upturn has been on the menu in the UK every year since the money system broke in 08.

I hope everyone has plenty of popcorn for the opening bell over in Asia tonight. Shit is starting to get real boys and girls! I take no shaudenfreude in all of this, rather, I am frightened about what I think would occur if the financial system implodes in upon itself. Remember, the entire food production and delivery system in the entire world is based upon credit and trust. With the outright theft of accounts at MF Global, farmers are pulling out of hedge accounts in droves. I already expect significantly higher food prices, but if the banking system comes flying apart, our just in time delivery system for goods and foodstuffs in the USA comes to a grinding halt.

Remember, there is only a three day food supply in any city at any one time. Unless there is a trucking and warehousing hub located there of course.

Folks, everyone is going about their day as if they don't have a care in the world. No one seems to be aware of the global significance that a bank run will have. It is truly frightening times we live in.

They're interesting all right. So interesting that I may just pay a visit to my LCS tomorrow to convert some more fiat.

Did you like the no volume melt up starting around 3:30 or so? I started defragging my drive at around two thirty, and when I finished, I turned on the internet to watch a feeding frenzy in to the close. It almost looks like 'someone' does not want the DOW below 12k.

Did you like the no volume melt up starting around 3:30 or so? I started defragging my drive at around two thirty, and when I finished, I turned on the internet to watch a feeding frenzy in to the close. It almost looks like 'someone' does not want the DOW below 12k.
Maybe the ppt :snidely:

Yes, very suspicious all these late-day stick saves. Maybe someone should do a statistical analysis? Smells very PPT-like, and note the PMs did not get that partial stick save. Not that I WANT PM prices going up until I am home again, LOL...

So, I flail until Thursday...

:flail:

Last edited:
Yes, very suspicious all these late-day stick saves. Maybe someone should do a statistical analysis?
Zerohedge offers a comparison between the SP 500 and a basket of risk assets (gold, oil, credit indexes). I´m sure you´re familiar with that. They call the basket "context". If SP 500 futures outperform context substancially you can be assured that the difference will be corrected by the market. Their model has been quite accurate.

Hahahahaha. This is better comedy than George Carlin! Uncle Benny doesn't give the market a happy shake with more QE so they have a tantrum and sell off.

Boo hoo!

In my trading (I'm a behaviorist) I sometimes use the model of a schoolroom full of 7th grade girls to predict the actions of my counterparties. Yes, they throw tantrums, go in the corner and pout - all that. But like those girls, they can't stand it if no one pays attention to them while doing that, and they always come back out.

Generally it's a fight over the school quarterback, who actually wants nothing to do with that bunch of mostly-ugly crack whores. All the predictable behaviors ensue.

Yeah, they might look like preppie Yalie's, or fat old cigar chomping farts - but they ACT like little girls. Maybe all that stage time playing rock music for that kind of audience was good prep for this work.

They all run to one side of the boat - "oh, look at that over there", then when the boat tilts, they all run back to the other side. The big trick is to just be on the other side from them, and take a toll on each trip...

After all, someone makes all the money they are losing - might as well be me, eh?
And, what I'm finding (and it seems born out on ZH) is that the major traders out there are actually not very good at it when they can't rig things. You can beat them fair and square, and at least I am doing it pretty regularly.

This end-of-session melt up bullshit is really annoying onb so many levels. I cannot see how the SEC is still completely blind to this fucking horseshit. Front-running HFT should be illegal. As should quote stuffing.

@ DCFusor, now that you mention it, there ARE a lot of BAD short term calls there at ZH, even in the comments section. If I can figure out an easy way to do it, I may try to actually run some numbers on various trader recommendations I read about there.

@ ancona, looks like TODAY will finish down, after being up most of the day. The exception that makes the rule?

---

Thank you guys for making it a little bit easier on the poor Bearing to buy some PMs when I get back Thursday (the PM bitch-slapping today). Just don´t jump the gun and rev those prices back up!

ZH-er ¨seek¨ had an interesting comment that maybe a bank is near insolvent, so someone had to out and dump metals to keep them afloat. ¨A Genuine Internet Rumor¨!

kitco.com showed rhodium down at impressive $100 / oz, now cheaper than platinum.

Back
Top Bottom