THAT WAS CLOSE: OH OFFICER DODGES CAR ON ICY HIGHWAY

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Goldhedge

GIM2 Refugee
Reaction score
slow down!

THAT WAS CLOSE: OH OFFICER DODGES CAR ON ICY HIGHWAY​

1m

I had a similar wreck in the snow outside DC. I slide on the ice and hit a car. It was not a bad impact. We go out of the cars and were exchanging info and a big truck hit the same patch of ice and the truck jack knifed and started coming at us side ways. I froze but the guy who I was standing with grabbed my hand and started running. We were able to get out of the way. The truck went sideways and hit both our cars. I don't drive on snow or ice anymore. Nope.

I learned to drive in the city of Chicago. In the winter. My first ride was a VW bug with the rear wheel drive, rear engine and increased rear weight over the drive wheels. The weight over the drive wheels really make a difference if you learn how to do it. I know many of you do. I drive a 5speed front wheel drive, front engine camry now, and it does great in the snow, up to a point depth of show. In ice, forget it, stay home. Bad weather never stopped me much, but as always, ya gotta pick your battles.

I learned to drive in the city of Chicago. In the winter.
Me too! Near north side Armitage & Sheffield.

Folks don't know what it means to drive down a side street at 30mph in snow with oncoming traffic.

To give you an 'idea', there's enough room, i.e., street is wide enough to have cars parked on both sides with about a foot between the two passing cars and the parked cars. It looks like |car 1ft car 1ft car 1ft car| with the 2 in the center passing each other.

You get used to it.

This was Raleigh a few years back when we had an unexpected snow and people got caught in the commute. It was such a shitshow many viral memes were born that day. This is the road I used to take home from the hospital. Its why I always stayed at work for days at a time when it snowed. Many of those people on the side of the road were from cold weather climates and used to driving in the snow.

13390408-1483728900-640x360.jpg

This was Raleigh a few years back when we had an unexpected snow and people got caught in the commute. It was such a shitshow many viral memes were born that day. This is the road I used to take home from the hospital. Its why I always stayed at work for days at a time when it snowed. Many of those people on the side of the road were from cold weather climates and used to driving in the snow.

View attachment 5211

Is that a Tesla on fire?

Many of those people on the side of the road were from cold weather climates and used to driving in the snow.
Oh? They are from Virginia…

I grew up in MN, know how to drive in any weather. But, we are becoming little Mogadishu, so I prefer to not drive unless I really have to. Had a headache yesterday night, I suspect it was from my trip driving to a couple of stores earlier.

Back
Top Bottom