Thin veneer of civilization, part 2 (political violence)

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

pmbug

Your Host
Administrator
Benefactor
Reaction score
United-States
Rioting, looting, burning down stores and shooting police officers – is this about to become the “new normal” in America? What we just witnessed happen in the streets of Ferguson, Missouri is a prime example of how quickly the streets of America can descend into chaos.

There is so much anger and frustration in this country, especially among our young people, that all it takes is a “trigger event” to spark a wildfire. ...

http://www.silverdoctors.com/fergus...he-streets-of-america-can-descend-into-chaos/

It doesn't take a natural disaster or loss of the power grid or even a sale on the newest Nikes. Revolution against the police state can do it too.

Watching societal devolution occur in real time over in Missouri has brought some unpleasant thoughts from the back of my mind to the forefront. As much as I don't like to admit, I am quite worried about my little town when TSHTF. The natives around here are on edge as well, having been fleeced of anything resembling money by the PTB, and relegated to the back of the jobs bus. Many more folks are unemployed than the government cares to report, as many as 12 percent around these parts, making for a very restless bunch of twenty something men and women.

Don't get me wrong here, these folks are the very same people I would see working for a living wage on one of the three bases around here, only they are now laid off on a permanent basis with few alternatives left to pursue beyond menial employment for a fraction of their former wages. The jealousy is palpable and the fury just under the surface. I quite expect to have a Ferguson of our own if shit doesn't turn around soon.

A man can only take just so much. Everyone has their breaking point.

An empty stomach is a very dangerous thing.

We're all just 9 meals away from complete anarchy...

wow, you could wait that long ...........:popcorn:

seriously, the thought of there not being any food available would have me anarching long before the 9th meal moment :flushed:

Desperation is a cruel motivator.

Ray Dalio has been talking about political polarization on the back of economic disparity in the current central bank insanity. The last I saw, he actually talked about the possibility of a violent revolution. I thought that was a bit over the top, but watching the impeachment circus play out here in the USA, I'm not so sure. I remember back when Bill Clinton was in office and a large swath of the country thought he was too crooked to stay in office. Passions were fierce, but eventually blew over. Life went on.

Is today more of the same, or is it different - more extreme? I'm honestly not sure. The folks in DC - and I mean all of them (#bothsides) are playing with fire right now.

Ray Dalio has been talking about political polarization on the back of economic disparity in the current central bank insanity. The last I saw, he actually talked about the possibility of a violent revolution. I thought that was a bit over the top, but watching the impeachment circus play out here in the USA, I'm not so sure. I remember back when Bill Clinton was in office and a large swath of the country thought he was too crooked to stay in office. Passions were fierce, but eventually blew over. Life went on.

Is today more of the same, or is it different - more extreme? I'm honestly not sure. The folks in DC - and I mean all of them (#bothsides) are playing with fire right now.
`

Slick willie was in the last 1/2 of his second term when his impeachment was going on while donnie boy is in his 1st term still, I think that makes a bit of difference. I think the goings on in Virginia right now are even more volatile than anything that might come from the impeachment though. I do think the communists in VA will back down even more though before all is said & done, at least enough to take things back from the boiling point it is at now before it spills over. I could be wrong though. I wouldd love to see people fighting for their rights for once anyway.

Last edited:
I watched most of the video. A lot of the bills he's talking about sound blatantly unconstitutional and I'm guessing will eventually be struck down. Of course, that takes time though unless some big dog like the GOA, NRA or whoever has already filed some lawsuits or restraining orders.

`

That's never stopped the govt, especially the libs. Just like criminals don't worry about breaking a gun law on the way to committing another crime, libs don't worry about walking over 1/2 the Constitution when they're using the other 1/2 to wipe their ass. Funniest/Sad part is the dems there saying that L.E. & the N.G. must uphold their Constitutional duty & do what the Gov. tells them to do. Well their oath is to protect & defend the Constitution against all enemies foreign and DOMESTIC, not blindly follow unconstitutional/illegal orders from anyone, gov, pres. officer or NCO. I wonder if they'd be ok with a republican Gov ordering all abortion clinics shut down cause he says so. I'll bet they sing a different tune to someone stopping murder even though there is no Constitutionally protected right to an abortion, but there is one to keep & bear arms.

Last edited:
I cringe when I see this thread bumped. Desperate people are dangerous.

On the opposite end of the spectrum, I went shopping this morning at my local Costco. I wore my brand new balaclava (just received from Amazon yesterday), sunglasses (yes, inside the store), old tshit, basketball shorts and Crocs (no socks). I looked ridiculous. No one gave me a second glance or odd look. 90% of the shoppers there this morning were wearing masks, observing social distancing and minding their own business. It was very chill.

BTW, I wore the Crocs because I could (and did) wipe them down easily with Clorox wipes before getting back in my car.

On the opposite end of the spectrum, I went shopping this morning at my local Costco. I wore my brand new balaclava (just received from Amazon yesterday), sunglasses (yes, inside the store), old tshit, basketball shorts and Crocs (no socks). I looked ridiculous. No one gave me a second glance or odd look. 90% of the shoppers there this morning were wearing masks, observing social distancing and minding their own business. It was very chill.

BTW, I wore the Crocs because I could (and did) wipe them down easily with Clorox wipes before getting back in my car.

Yeah, I wore my cowboy hat and boot with belt buckle to go with the bandana I had on.

I'm not posting any links or vids, cause right now there is SO much crap going on all over the country it's nuts. I wasn't around for the 60's & too young to remember the early 70's so I don't know how it compares to that, but I can say in my life since around the age of 3 (as far back as I can remember) I don't remember this much chaos going on all over the country. Maybe a city here or there at the same time, but not dozens of cities all at once. Thoughts from you old(er than me) fogies?

We seem to be in the same age bracket then. I suspect the Vietnam era protests were the closest parallel to today, but I wasn't alive and/or old enough to remember anything from personal experience.

Federal judge declares Biden's student debt relief program unlawful​

In his ruling, US District judge Mark Pittman sided with the Job Creators Network Foundation, who petitioned for a motion to end the program on the grounds that the government violated federal procedure.

Life is hard then you pay for other people's mistakes. It is enough to put me off my feed.

mmmmmmmooooooah.

Divorce is expensive.

Why are Most People Cowards? | Obedience and the Rise of Authoritarianism​

Academy of Ideas

12:06

The following is a transcript of this video:

The Illusion of a Frictionless Existence​

Twenty years after the D.A.R.E. program failed to scare straight the middle schoolers of the 1990s, it seems that Gen Z has accomplished of its own accord what decades of earnest government messaging could not. A 25-year study has found that risky behaviors, including underage drinking, smoking, and drug use, have sharply declined among teenagers today.

Some have positioned this as an encouraging development, another sign of the emergence of a new, improved “generation sensible” to correct for the destructive excesses of the twerking, White Claw-swilling millennials who came before them. But scratch the surface of this new Zoomer temperance movement, and one notices that it’s not just substances from which they’re abstaining. Today’s teens are less sexually active than any generation before them. They also drive less—just 25 percent of 16-year-olds in 2020 had a license, as compared with 50 percent in 1983—and work less, with the share of teens participating in the labor force having declined 17 percentage points since 2000.

Read on:

I guess homosexual sodomy and chopping off their male appendages, doesn't count as risky behavior.

Just some food for thought.

Introduction​

There are a few things as unpredictable and unnerving as civil unrest. From protests that escalate into riots to longer-lasting instances of conflict, the question is not only about how to survive civil unrest, but also about how to navigate through such turbulent times effectively and safely. This comprehensive guide will walk you through the steps needed to prepare for, respond to, and recover from such events.

Just a little bump............

Civil War' movie where president bombs American citizens in near future to premiere in 2024​

A different kind of "Civil War" will debut in 2024 ahead of the presidential election, courtesy of a new movie whose trailer just came out.

Written and directed by Alex Garland, "Civil War" is described in a tagline as "a race to the White House in a near-future America balanced on the razor’s edge." In the two-and-a-half-minute trailer from A24, the "razor’s edge" appears to be a modern civil war following the secession of 19 states.

The trailer contains various provocative images, including U.S. soldiers and military tanks tearing through American cities during an apparent uprising.

That fictional character sounds familiar. Anyone remember this?
“If you wanted or if you think you need to have weapons to take on the government, you need F-15s and maybe some nuclear weapons. The point is that there has always been the ability to limit — rationally limit the type of weapon that can be owned and who can own it.”

“If you wanted or if you think you need to have weapons to take on the government, you need F-15s and maybe some nuclear weapons. ...

Ghandi and Indian history showed that you don't need any weapons - just moral highground and the will to "Go Galt" in support of it.

That fictional character sounds familiar. Anyone remember this?
“If you wanted or if you think you need to have weapons to take on the government, you need F-15s and maybe some nuclear weapons. The point is that there has always been the ability to limit — rationally limit the type of weapon that can be owned and who can own it.”

Ghandi and Indian history showed that you don't need any weapons - just moral highground and the will to "Go Galt" in support of it.
What you need, is an opponent who his already demoralized, and wants a face-saving way to cede.

That's why American "protest marches" worked - because the powers in government were on the same side, but wanted to pretend they were not.

That's why the January 6 protesters did NOT make progress. Nor the Obamacare rallyists of 12 years earlier, when Botox Nan tried to provoke them by marching through their middle with that clownish huge gavel in hand.

In the case of the Indian campaign for secession...London had already given up on political-military empire, hoping to hold their network together with FINANCIAL ensnarements, and key plants in the US and other governments.

As well, they were probably convinced that the Indians could not hold their world together without the Raj control...the "White Man's Burden" of Kipling.

So...they pretended to be cowed at the brilliance of Gandhi's silly passive campaign.

Back
Top Bottom