we got lazy and quit taking it...

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Yup vitamin D3 along with zinc and vit C ...........

Apparently most of the cheapo vits you buy are not much use .........

Best go to a source that seems to have an interest in the effect of what they sell

Havent been to a Medical Doctor in several years and when I did he told me not to waste his time .... called me 'The Worried Well'. Only went cos they wrote to say they hadnt seen me for a long time.

There are so many ways to be well yet most ignore wellness and run to big pharma when ill.

Go outside about 15 minutes every day and you are not likely to catch the flu. Stay inside and the flu gravitates to you.

Vitamin D made by your body in the sunlight protects you.

Vitamin D3 is a poison. I have had vitamin D3 poisoning three times in my life. I don't ever want it again, so I never consume vitamin D3 whether in food or out of a vitamin bottle. I just go outside and let nature make what I need to avoid the flu.

You're making me feel lucky about my naturally strong immune system combined with the fact that I have zero need to go anywhere and therefore zero exposure to the virus. It doesn't come to you, you know - you have to get in contact with it, like say, from another human who isn't symptomatic yet, or just doesn't care how they spread their disease around. It ain't magic.

Go outside about 15 minutes every day and you are not likely to catch the flu. Stay inside and the flu gravitates to you.

Vitamin D made by your body in the sunlight protects you.

Vitamin D3 is a poison. I have had vitamin D3 poisoning three times in my life. I don't ever want it again, so I never consume vitamin D3 whether in food or out of a vitamin bottle. I just go outside and let nature make what I need to avoid the flu.

wow, I didn't know that. Many, many articles on the net about it. here's one:
The Toxicity of Vitamin D3
http://www.livestrong.com/article/341610-the-toxicity-of-vitamin-d3/

wow, I didn't know that. Many, many articles on the net about it. here's one:
The Toxicity of Vitamin D3
http://www.livestrong.com/article/341610-the-toxicity-of-vitamin-d3/

From your article:

Finally, too much D3 can lead to abnormal calcification of soft tissue and hypercalcemia, a condition in which there is too much calcium in the blood.

That is what happened to me. I did not have the other symptoms. Basically Vitamin D3 caused calcification of my joints and muscles, especially my arm joints and muscles. Calcification was so bad that it was physically impossible to raise my arms and hands even to shoulder level. Calcification of my arm muscles made it almost impossible to move my arms because of the pain involved. Think about muscles containing thousands of tiny calcium needles and how that would feel every time you tried to use that muscle.

After determining the cause and avoiding Vitamin D3, it took about 9 months before I could again stretch my arms fully over my head without pain.

Needless to say, I am very careful to avoid added Vitamin D3 in any food I eat.

I have never understood taking a pill for Vitamin D. Going outside for 10-20 minutes a day is much better, vitamin D wise, that any type of pill out there. Go take a short walk around the building at lunch, walk the dogs after work, ect.

I work around people all the time and rarely get sick. I also have a diet that is heavy with fruits and vegetables. Eating better and getting even a little exercise solves most of the issues that pills patch over.

Zinc is the only supplement I have ever read about that has been proven to help fight off colds and flus.

Back
Top Bottom