Why I like pmbug.com / Where it might go...

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

DoChenRollingBearing

Yellow Jacket
Reaction score
I think pmbug.com could have a great future!

At present the main thing I like is that pmbug.com is that is about "half way" between the pow-pow-pow lightening pace of Zero Hedge and the most excellent but ponderous fofoa.blogspot.com (disclosure: FOFOA is my Trail Guide, that is, I think there is an excellent chance of Freegold happening: $55,000...).

Where this forum may go is the potential that it could attract a substantial community of people who are experts in various pieces of the PM community at large. There is a LOT to learn about just gold itself!

Last edited:
Aww... thanks! I've been working hard to build something of value here. Glad you like it!

I like it because it looks like a good place not just to discuss the economy and financial systems, but to hash our practical ideas for surviving them.

I already like it because the subjects covered are of importance - for me at least - and the material & posts (and therefore members) are considered and thoughtful.

It also looks like a great place to point people who are just beginning to notice whats going on around them.

and I like it, because you more seasoned buyers of PMs are helpful to the noobs such as myself. Thanks :)

and Im hoping that its possible to keep up, cos turds site is so busy that Im always 4 pages behind the leading edge and any comment I might want to make is already way out of time n place. Not that Ive got much to add to the expertise there.

Do Chen, thanks for bringing me here.

Why am I putting off reading FOFOA's latest work ?
and whats his current take on the Euro demise, cos hes always held the view that it cant fail due to it being underwritten by gold ?

allyranswers rblong2us

seems like we are in a spike of new members. got any membership charts pmbug?

Yes, registrations/day over the last week:

November 04, 2011 - 10
November 05, 2011 - 5
November 06, 2011 - 1
November 07, 2011 - 1
November 08, 2011 - 3
November 09, 2011 - 1
November 10, 2011 - 8
November 11, 2011 - 3

Averaging just over 4 new members per day. I'm really just getting started with promoting the site. I'm very excited about the cozy community that has already developed here. You guys (and gals?) rock.

and Im hoping that its possible to keep up, cos turds site is so busy that Im always 4 pages behind the leading edge and any comment I might want to make is already way out of time n place. Not that Ive got much to add to the expertise there.

One of the neat features of this site that is really missing from ZH & Turd's site is this quote feature (see the quote button at the bottom right of every post) that makes it easy to maintain a conversation within a thread even if there are several posts between your reply and the comment you are responding to.

I think you will find that it enables you to maintain conversations over a large span of time (I've got some ongoing threads on other forums that are several years old and still active).

pmbug said:
One of the neat features of this site that is really missing from ZH & Turd's site is this quote feature (see the quote button at the bottom right of every post) that makes it easy to maintain a conversation within a thread even if there are several posts between your reply and the comment you are responding to.

Bug, I agree 100%, I have repeatedly asked for people to at least add the name of the person their replies are directed to.
Almost impossible to follow who's talking, commenting to.
I always do, it would be a lot easier Forum to carry on a discourse or topic.

That said this is a more relaxed atmosphere, and they are a Step Above any other media /news outlet I have seen.

Both sites compliment each other.( Vastly different in purposes).

And here, more people are wiling to share, and help if there is a question asked.

Hi DosZap, great having you around here! Maybe I ought to open up a thread on moving to other countries... In fact, I will.

Back
Top Bottom