Woman Sucked into Engine at Montgomery Regional Airport New Years Eve UPDATE

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Goldhedge

GIM2 Refugee
Reaction score

Woman Dies Sucked into Jet Engine at Montgomery Regional Airport​

On New Years Eve, a ground crew member was sucked into an American Airlines E175 jet engine while the plane was at the gate. The worker was killed. Our sympathies go out to the family to this tragic accident.
3mhttps://youtu.be/aRdvLIhEhs8

Woman Sucked into Engine at Montgomery Regional Airport New Years Eve UPDATE​

More information coming out about the tragic death of a female ground crew member who was sucked into the engine of an American Airlines E175 regional jet at the Montgomery Regional Airport on New Years Eve.
6m

If it was so important that she was a mother of three...maybe she should have stayed AWAY from this kind of work.

Maybe my memory is blunted somewhat, but I seem to remember that "the pilot is ultimately responsible for the safety of the flight." I also seem to remember that a flight is from initial taxi to destination. I welcome any disagreement on my assessment.

Maybe my memory is blunted somewhat, but I seem to remember that "the pilot is ultimately responsible for the safety of the flight." I also seem to remember that a flight is from initial taxi to destination. I welcome any disagreement on my assessment.
They were doing maintenance on it. So mechanics were most likely in charge and running the engine.

”…apparently as part of a maintenance check.

A National Transportation Safety Board spokeswoman said Monday that there had been an earlier problem with the engine Buchanan was working on -- so its cowling was removed at the time of the accident.”

Ultimately he has to answer for it. He has to take all prudent cautions.

He can NOT control the willful actions of others. In the cockpit, he can only order and display various safety beacons and barriers. He could not physically ward off this woman.

So, he's answerable; but that doesn't mean he's disciplined for things and persons he has no control over.

Animated Video Shows What Happens To a Human Body if Sucked Into an Airplane Engine​

Have you ever wondered what would happen to your body if you were ever sucked into a airplane engine? Well, this CG animated video will show you, and it’s not pretty.

The video is titled Human Body Vs. Airplane Engine and it was created by atomic marvel, who used a physics simulation to toss a particle-based digital body into an Airbus jet engine.

I’m not sure how accurate this is, but one thing is for certain, anyone who gets sucked into an airplane engine will die and it will be a bloody mess.

Back
Top Bottom