Worldwide Recession?

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

DoChenRollingBearing

Yellow Jacket
Reaction score

I am in Peru now, we have seen a small fall-off in our bearings sales from 2013. Peru until very recently has been growing strongly for many years.

A friend of mine is the LatAm export manager for capital equipment (machinery for chemical plants, etc.). Some three months ago, he told me that ONLY Peru and Colombia were doing well for him (even Chile and Brazil were doing poorly -- Argentina has been flat on its back for a while). I have heard from about FIVE people here, who presumably would know, that Peru has just started to slow. Peru exports a lot to China, including copper (see recent Zero Hedge articles recently on China/copper fakery...).

Today I read at Zero Hedge about upcoming European "NIRP" (Negative Interest Rate Policy). That cannot be a good sign. A few days ago I saw a report that US Q1 GDP went down (preliminary numbers perhaps?).

And for WEEKS we have been reading that China has a variety of BIG problems.

So, with Europe probably in recession, probably the USA, Peru, LatAm in general and China, would that not point to a:

Worldwide Recession?

They will obviously need to print more and lower interest rates to negative numbers and even have big tax breaks .............

Its easy enough to fix (-;

We are all in a race circling the toilet bowl. Nothing (structurally) has been fixed since 2007/2008. The piper has to be paid eventually.

Back
Top Bottom