YouTuber Nick Tried Bringing A Bunch Of GOLD COINS Across the US Canada Border: Here's What Happened

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

searcher

morning
Benefactor
Reaction score

I Tried Bringing A Bunch Of GOLD COINS Across the US Canada Border: Here's What Happened​

Financially Aware
Nov 12, 2022
24 minutes 25 seconds

What happens when you try to bring gold coins across the US Canada border? I tried to bring a bunch of Canadian Gold Maple Leaf coins over the border from Canada into the US. Will the customs agents at the US border seize my gold coins? How much cash or gold can you bring across the US Canada border? What forms do you have to fill out when you cross the the border? There are a lot of stories of police and customs seizing people's cash or gold even though they declare it because the agents think the property is the result of a crime like money laundering or tax evasion even though they have no evidence. You then have to hire a lawyer and try to get back your property. You may or may not get back your money. So if you risk losing your cash and gold even if you do declare it, should you try to smuggle it in without declaring it?

I explain the limits on cash and gold you can bring across the US Canada border, what forms you need to fill out, and what are the penalties for not filling out the forms. The limits for bringing cash into or out of the US is $10,000 USD. You can bring more than that, but if you do, you need to file a FinCEN Form 105 and give it to the customs agents.

The limits for bringing cash into or out of the Canada is $10,000 CAD. You can bring more than that, but if you do, you need to file a CBP Form E677 and give it to the customs agents.

The rules for bringing gold coins and bullion are much different though. Watch to see what happens to me when I try to bring much more than $10,000 worth of 1 ounce gold Canadian Maple Leaf coins.

Do your own due diligence of any stock or any other investment before you consider investing in it.

Disclaimer: I am not a financial advisor, and nothing on this channel is meant to be financial advice. The ideas expressed on this channel are purely opinions and should not be regarded as objective information. Nothing on this channel is a recommendation to buy or sell securities. Do not assume that facts and numbers in any video are accurate. Always do your own due diligence.

I see the answer(s) to this question are as clear as ever.

I see the answer(s) to this question are as clear as ever.

Actually used the search function before posting. Probably didn't use the right words. Oops...............

I knew an Italian family who owned a liquor store in the West Side ghetto after the riots in the 60s. Only new building around. No windows. Fortress of brick. Guy in a cage with a shotgun mounted on the back wall, clear shot at everything. Sold milk and bread too so took food stamps. Not connected with the organized crime guys.

I knew about how they operated a bit. They couldn't account for all the cash even back then. They had a vaca place in Mexico. I guess a shitload was down there. All I know is there was a potential crisis down south with the peso and banks, the whole family flew down there ASAP, on "vacation", rented a car, drove across the border, went to the airport, flew home to Chicago. Everybody had a vest under their shirt or blouse, stuffed with gold pesos.

Traveling money.

Mooooo.

Anybody know any limitations on the amount of gold jewelry that you can wear into or out of the USA?

Asking for my maid.

I would like to ask the question, so what?

Say I carry $20k in my pocket. I fill out the form.

So what?

Yes, thanks. A few words would have been good. Why do I have to watch be obedient to hear someone's opinion or experience? I really resent this "you must watch my video" demand to learn something that may be really small.
I think there are three of us that don't like that type of video although they might have a small nugget inside.

A lot of "he said, she said" going on in that video. Get all pertinent info on paper and signed, good to go.

I Tried Bringing A Bunch Of GOLD COINS Across the US Canada Border: Here's What Happened​

Financially Aware
Nov 12, 2022
24 minutes 25 seconds

What happens when you try to bring gold coins across the US Canada border? I tried to bring a bunch of Canadian Gold Maple Leaf coins over the border from Canada into the US. Will the customs agents at the US border seize my gold coins? How much cash or gold can you bring across the US Canada border? What forms do you have to fill out when you cross the the border? There are a lot of stories of police and customs seizing people's cash or gold even though they declare it because the agents think the property is the result of a crime like money laundering or tax evasion even though they have no evidence. You then have to hire a lawyer and try to get back your property. You may or may not get back your money. So if you risk losing your cash and gold even if you do declare it, should you try to smuggle it in without declaring it?

I explain the limits on cash and gold you can bring across the US Canada border, what forms you need to fill out, and what are the penalties for not filling out the forms. The limits for bringing cash into or out of the US is $10,000 USD. You can bring more than that, but if you do, you need to file a FinCEN Form 105 and give it to the customs agents.

The limits for bringing cash into or out of the Canada is $10,000 CAD. You can bring more than that, but if you do, you need to file a CBP Form E677 and give it to the customs agents.

The rules for bringing gold coins and bullion are much different though. Watch to see what happens to me when I try to bring much more than $10,000 worth of 1 ounce gold Canadian Maple Leaf coins.

Do your own due diligence of any stock or any other investment before you consider investing in it.

Disclaimer: I am not a financial advisor, and nothing on this channel is meant to be financial advice. The ideas expressed on this channel are purely opinions and should not be regarded as objective information. Nothing on this channel is a recommendation to buy or sell securities. Do not assume that facts and numbers in any video are accurate. Always do your own due diligence.

But That barbaric relic is only valued at $42.22 per T.Oz by the US Gov.
Use that to blow the minds of the US Border Agents.

Officer I am looking at this legal tender that is mine, it is in my possession. It is a 50 peso Mexican coin. Right now the exchange rate is 1 peso = 0.05 USD. So this coin is $2.50. Therefore the fist full of these pesos is a trifle. Thank you for your service and good day to you.

No knowledge of international laws or requirement buy the following refers only to national travel.

Back in the 80's (??) the CBS program 60 minutes had a black reporter traveling out of Dallas and carrying multi-thousand dollars of American bills and purchasing a one-way ticket to fly to another American city was referred to local police for suspicious behavior by the ticket counter airline personnel. Upon questioning the reporter refused to answer the officers questions because now known law was broken and the officer presented no explanation as to why the reporter was being questioned. The reporter was summarily arrested and his money was seized. The counter person was given a reward for turning in the reporter. The arresting officer said that he was arresting a suspected drug dealer. This action was and probably still is legal. The airline said that its personnel was just assisting the local police.

One thing to be careful of when you are carrying gold and arrested for something.

There is a case where an arresting officer wrote a check for the face value of the defendant gold and when sued it was determined that the arresting officer did nothing wrong be cause he wrote a check for the face amount of the gold.

Something to think about.

Back
Top Bottom