"Mote in the Feds eye"

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Mark

Predaceous Stink Bug
Reaction score
What's that, "Mote in the Feds Eye"? I know scripture so I know what a mote is, but....
Not "Needle in the Camels Eye"?
(See how many know what THAT is...)

Isn't it a camel through the eye of a needle? (As in: "It's harder to get a rich man into heaven than a camel through the eye of a needle.")

What's that, "Mote in the Feds Eye"? I know scripture so I know what a mote is, but....

You don't need scripture to know what a mote is. The definition is available in most any dictionary:
mote
noun
1. a small particle or speck, especially of dust.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/mote

The titles are largely meaningless - they change based upon the number of posts you have made. That particular title was a play on the title of a book I read once:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Mote_in_God's_Eye

It was meant to reflect how insignificant the Fed considers everyone (especially someone who has few posts on pmbug - lol).

You can make your own custom title (replacing whatever the forum default is) if you upgrade your account.

Last edited:
Ah! My bad.
Well now I'm a "Fly on the Wall". Better than being a fly on something else. Plus, I figured a Pink Floyd fan should pick up on it. After all, we do go back a ways.
I was listening to the Floyd back when Syd Barrett was still a member.

Status levels

How many posts gets me "Predaceous Stink Bug" status? I howled the first time I saw that.

Since I don't actually know, I will take a shot in the dark.

I believe that initially, levels change at each fifty post landmark. Later, I suspect it graduates to seventy five, then to one hundred. While this is a complete guess on my part, on the surface anyway, it would seem logical.

Well, I could tell you, but half the fun is finding out. ;)

Back
Top Bottom