Anti-gold piece by the mainstream

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

A record high gold price above $2,000 an ounce next year could mark the peak of the precious metal's more-than-decade-long bull run as monetary policy in key economies starts to normalize, the chairman of metals consultancy GFMS said on Wednesday.

The market is expected to rise to new highs by early 2013 after struggling this year against a backdrop of softer demand in key physical markets and slackening investment appetite for bullion, GFMS chairman Philip Klapwijk told Reuters.

Gold prices are likely to be driven above $2,000 as concerns over the euro zone debt crisis persist and the prospect of more U.S. monetary easing gains ground, he said.

But that move could be short lived as those factors dissipate, particularly if the prospect of higher U.S. interest rates becomes a reality the following year, he said. ...

His entire premise is based upon an economic recovery and central bank restraint. While the Treasury Dept might be signalling preparations for a rising interest rate environment, I'm not sure I'm buying it.

The Fed is indicating ZIRP will extend through 2015. Unless govco manages to put a significant dent in the debt, I don't see how the Fed can afford to let rates rise.

I was texting my cousin Julie- her brother Jack came up. She said we were alike- investments and politics. I said my guess is that he does not like PMs. (he is an accountant) ..and since he does not like PMs I doubt he likes Ron Paul

I was texting my cousin Julie- her brother Jack came up. She said we were alike- investments and politics. I said my guess is that he does not like PMs. (he is an accountant) ..and since he does not like PMs I doubt he likes Ron Paul

Things I am trying to figure out:
1) What in the world this has to do with the rest of the thread
2) When I read the names the first time as Jack and Jill, I thought Penn was telling a joke
3) If "She" says "we" (assuming Penn and Jack) are alike, then why does "he" not like PM and therefor Ron Paul? :confused:
4) Why don't accountants like PM?
5) While I may not always understand what Penn is saying, his posts are usually entertaining :popcorn:

Things I am trying to figure out:
1) What in the world this has to do with the rest of the thread
2) When I read the names the first time as Jack and Jill, I thought Penn was telling a joke
3) If "She" says "we" (assuming Penn and Jack) are alike, then why does "he" not like PM and therefor Ron Paul? :confused:
4) Why don't accountants like PM?
5) While I may not always understand what Penn is saying, his posts are usually entertaining :popcorn:

I asked myself the same thing, but I decided to move on to the next thread.

I think Penn is perfecting a stream of consciousness performance art technique. I see the dots connected - anti-gold mainstream accountant ron paul

ah ha !

it all makes sense when apparently random words have dots placed between them

gold toilet paper ronpaul diggers .................. ( is this enough dots ?)

I skimmed through this article. Let's just hope for gold-buying sake that this prediction does come true-gold at 2,000. If I knew for sure it would happen this way I would definitely want to buy now. Of course, you can predict the future but you don't know the outcome until it happens.

GFMS must be taking a page from the Fed's good cop, bad cop playbook (or maybe more sinisterly - Goldman Sachs do as I advise, not as I do book):
Investment demand for gold has grown consistently over the course of the yellow metal's bull run and, 2012 is likely to continue this trend.

This is the view of Philip Klapwijk, Global head of metals analysis at Thomson Reuters GFMS.

Speaking at the Denver Gold Group European Gold Forum, Klapwijk , supported his view by looking at a number of factors that will affect the level of investment demand into gold over the course of the year.
... Klapwijk remains positive on the prospects for investment demand, "I think we are going to see a loosening of monetary policy globally, continued crisis in the eurozone and negative real interest rates, inflation expectations rising and all of this will provide a pretty powerful stimulus for gold investment.

http://www.mineweb.com/mineweb/view/mineweb/en/page33?oid=149628&sn=Detail

Back
Top Bottom