Bank of England may have sold 1300 tons since Jan!

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Unbeatable

Big Eyed Bug
Reaction score
Just saw Keiser report with Alastair Macleod as the guest.
His breaking news was that the Bank of England may have let slip that they've leased 1300 tons of gold into the market since January.

I was surprised that they were able to keep the price down after Cyprus and the huge India & China demand, even with ETF outflows, this might explain it.

http://www.maxkeiser.com/2013/07/kr476-keiser-report-jihadist-safe-haven/

He starts talking about it at 18:30 into the interview

Edit: This is the link straight to Youtube

Last edited:
Rumours, words, stories... I would like to see EVIDENCE

Hoo boy! If true, might this not partially explain the negative GOFO rates at the LBMA?

if there was real evidence the POG would not be what it is .............

We are obliged to try and piece together the real story from little bits of data and rumour.

Yes you're right there really isn't enough 'evidence' that there is a shortage of physical gold and that western central banks have been leasing into the market to satiate that demand.

I don't know what I was thinking. I'll just wait for the Central Banks, Politicians, JPM or Goldman Sachs to release some hard evidence.
In the meantime I'll move all my money into a Deutsche Bank savings account denominated in Euros.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom