Precious Metals Forum

Go Back   Precious Metals Forum > Precious Metals and Economic News > Fiat Ponzi

Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By benjamen
  • 1 Post By rblong2us

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2012, 06:57 AM   #1
Super Moderator

Liked: 632 times
When billionaires bet on inflation

http://ceo.ca/frank-giustra-long-form-interview/

There are some great/sobering quotes in this article/video, enjoy!

“It’s easier to make money with inflation than with deflation. All you need to make money with inflation is money…Those that influence policy are usually the ones that have access to money, or can borrow it very cheaply… They have a conflict of interest… [Inflation is] where a lot of people are getting rich, and the public is being educated—quote “educated” to accept that type of [inflationary outcome].”

“Sixteenth century Spain. In just over 100 years, it went from an almost nothing nation, to a great empire, and back to a nothing nation. They became a consumption economy…They waged a number of wars with almost everybody on the planet…because they felt they were a superior nation…[and] that’s what’s happening in America today…There’s no way out except currency debasement.”

p.s. Happy post number 777 to me!
PMBug, rblong2us and Jay like this.
Never free.

PMBug 101 *** Rules
benjamen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 08:35 AM   #2
Jay
Yellow Jacket

Liked: 645 times
Originally Posted by benjamen View Post:
http://ceo.ca/frank-giustra-long-form-interview/

There are some great/sobering quotes in this article/video, enjoy!

“It’s easier to make money with inflation than with deflation. All you need to make money with inflation is money…Those that influence policy are usually the ones that have access to money, or can borrow it very cheaply… They have a conflict of interest… [Inflation is] where a lot of people are getting rich, and the public is being educated—quote “educated” to accept that type of [inflationary outcome].”

“Sixteenth century Spain. In just over 100 years, it went from an almost nothing nation, to a great empire, and back to a nothing nation. They became a consumption economy…They waged a number of wars with almost everybody on the planet…because they felt they were a superior nation…[and] that’s what’s happening in America today…There’s no way out except currency debasement.”

p.s. Happy post number 777 to me!
B., seven is an unlucky number in asia, (the tail points down).
Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 03:53 PM   #3
Yellow Jacket

Liked: 629 times
I just finished watching this interview and im truly blown away.

Not only is Frank Guistra totally switched on financially but he delved into areas i find even more interesting ...........

'Look where you want to be' - know beyond doubt that that is where you are going and that is where you will end up

'Dont take anything personally' the principle of letting go is truly liberating and allows you to remain focused.

Hes just fizzing with energy and good health.

My new hero and role model (-:

Thank you Benjamen, a fantastic 777 post
benjamen likes this.