Another dead banker..

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

ancona

Praying Mantis
Reaction score
I just read about another apparent "suicide" of another bank executive that was purportedly under investigation for one thing or another. It appears that this particular banker was found dead in his garage from "Self inflicted wounds imparted by a nail gun".

Ok boys and girls, lets review...mmmkay?

For the record, a pneumatic nail gun [Paslode or similar] is pretty fucking loud to operate. They use compressed air, which is generated using an air compressor. These compressors are very loud all by themselves, but if you have ever heard these things in operation, you will remember that they make a hell of a racket.

The second thing I will point out is that if this were driving #10d, #12d, or #16d common nails, the gun would have been dialed up to a fairly serious pressure to deliver those nails.

The third thing is that I have actually been on-site at a construction project when someone accidentally bump-fired one and blew a nail in to his foot. With just one nail, the poor bastard was completely disabled by the pain and had to be carried from the sixth floor sheer wall section he was working on to the ground and the ambulance.

This article went on to explain that the banker in question did this to himself. Really?!?! I’m supposed to believe this? This bullshit is just getting deeper by the minute and the world seems content to simply watch it pile up around them. As long as they have their shiny little iGadgets everyone seems to be able to ignore the reality of the world around them. Lets re-cap. This makes it four or five people in the last ten or so days that have supposedly done themselves in, including a guy that somehow managed to defeat the security and gain access to keys for not one, but two locks so he could fling himself off one of the tallest buildings in London. Now we have this guy killing himself……..with a fucking nail gun? He shot himself seven or eight times?!?!? Are you fucking kidding me? This reminds me of the old Russian suicides of the early seventies where people killed themselves with two bullets to the back.

What a waste of nails.:flushed:

I'm not sure what would be so unbelievable about someone killing themselves with a nail gun. I've handled nailguns and yes they are a bit loud when you drive the nail, and compressors make noise, but inside a garage most people much distance from the garage aren't going to hear it. Even if both were incredibly loud, how is that going to prevent someone from being able to kill themselves with the nail gun? I was unaware that people needed complete silence before the were capable of offing themselves. If you are desperate enough to kill yourself pretty much anything will generally do. Now maybe this guy was murdered, but just cause he got killed with a nail gun does not preclude the possibility of suicide. Also they have battery powered nail guns as well, so if he used one of those that negates the "too noisy to be able to commit suicide" theory. Also when I worked security at a local hospital it was not uncommon for people who had shot themselves with an automatic to have pumped a couple rounds into themselves and still have a deathgrip on the pistols when the medics showed up.

Last edited:
I thought the same Ancona

but we base those thoughts on what we might do.

If you were in a world of pain you just might be up for a bit of physical to try and shut down the mental.

And dont worry about the nails, they should all go again

Tried n tested trusty nails seek distressed banksters for intimate encounters (-:

In my haste, perhaps I failed to properly contextualize the sound and need to expound upon my position.

What I should have added is that apparently, no one heard any of this going on, and no one reported hearing the agonized screams of this guy as he drove nails in his torso and head. I find that extremely difficult to believe in and of itself. What I find even more unbelievable is that he was able to do it seven or eight times. That would have been incredibly agonizing, producing near instantaneous debilitating pain, based of course upon my single experience of watching the emotion and anguish of a guy who accidentally drove a single nail in to his food with a bump-fire.

Seriously, if you want to commit suicide, there are far, far easier and less painful means available nearly everywhere you look. A longitudinal razor cut through a vein in the arm for example, then hop in to a warm bath to speed the flow of blood to the extremities. Why not a simple 9mm to the noggin?

A nail gun? That's gotta be a first.

Anyhow, since I am pretty skeptical about all things banker, I found this whole story quite incredible.

Last edited:
I'm beginning to put more consideration behind DCF's thesis.

In my haste, perhaps I failed to properly contextualize the sound and need to expound upon my position.

What I should have added is that apparently, no one heard any of this going on, and no one reported hearing the agonized screams of this guy as he drove nails in his torso and head. I find that extremely difficult to believe in and of itself. What I find even more unbelievable is that he was able to do it seven or eight times. That would have been incredibly agonizing, producing near instantaneous debilitating pain, based of course upon my single experience of watching the emotion and anguish of a guy who accidentally drove a single nail in to his food with a bump-fire.

Seriously, if you want to commit suicide, there are far, far easier and less painful means available nearly everywhere you look. A longitudinal razor cut through a vein in the arm for example, then hop in to a warm bath to speed the flow of blood to the extremities. Why not a simple 9mm to the noggin?

A nail gun? That's gotta be a first.

Anyhow, since I am pretty skeptical about all things banker, I found this whole story quite incredible.

back in the dope smoking days we framed houses for a living. We took the safeties off of our nailguns for speed. One day my BIL was passing the nailer through the fence (shortcut) and shot my sister in the pussy. He's like "is it alright?" and of course it wasn't alright. Trip to the emergency room. I can't concieve of someone shooting themselves a number of times (although it does nring to mind a number of jokes, hey Ancona it wasn't a Passlode it was a Senco 1 1/4 roofing stapler, etc). There are some pretty cool videos of people who got drunk and shot themselves in the head with 16 penny nailers....

there are a bunch of people who made it, but this one didn't:

Chen Liu shot in head 30 times with nail gun in Sydney

When I worked at a plant- guys shot themself all the time with nail guns.

some dude last month tried to commit suicide- he swallowed a large amount of pills and roofing nails. He lived.

People pick all kinds of ways to kill themselves, drink acid, step in front of a bus, try to impale themselves. Hanging which is common is rarely a quick painless death either. Trying to rationalize why an irrational person does irrational things is fairly irrational in and of itself. I haven't seen the article, but other than getting 7 trigger pulls before the gun isn't pointing at the head is a bit more than ones I've seen with handguns, but again, don't know what much about the nail gun used, and maybe he had himself buckled in somehow so as not to miss and got the not uncommon deathgrip on the trigger.

Not much different story for the noise. I have an air compressor, most of my neighbors have air compressors and the only time I ever hear them go off is in the summer when I have my windows open and the garage door open, and the only ones I hear are mine, and the one neighbor with his garage close to my living room. Nobody calls the police saying "OMG! theres an air compressor running get over there and check it out to see if some guy is committing suicide! Same with if he screamed, if he was in the garage and his door was shut and the compressor was going off, I just don't see how anyone would hear unless maybe they were walking right by his garage as he started screaming. Maybe if he lived in an apartment instead of a house, but if he had an air compressor in an apartment and ran it with nobody complainingnow there's an eye raiser.

Did you know it is possible to dance yourself to death?

Did you know it is possible to dance yourself to death?
Yes :rotflmbo: -

Three jolly Farmers
Once bet a pound
Each dance the others would
Off the ground.
Out of their coats
They slipped right soon,
And neat and nicesome
Put each his shoon.
One--Two--Three!
And away they go,
Not too fast,
And not too slow;
Out from the elm-tree's
Noonday shadow,
Into the sun
And across the meadow.
Past the schoolroom,
With knees well bent,
Fingers a flicking,
They dancing went.
Up sides and over,
And round and round,
They crossed click-clacking
The Parish bound;
By Tupman's meadow
They did their mile,
Tee-to-tum
On a three-barred stile.
Then straight through Whipham,
Downhill to Week,
Footing it lightsome,
But not too quick,
Up fields to Watchet
And on through Wye,
Till seven fine churches
They'd seen slip by --
Seven fine churches,
And five old mills,
Farms in the valley,
And sheep on the hills;
Old Man's Acre
And Dead Man's Pool
All left behind,
As they danced through Wool.
And Wool gone by,
Like tops that seem
To spin in sleep
They danced in dream:
Withy -- Wellover --
Wassop -- Wo --
Like an old clock
Their heels did go.
A league and a league
And a league they went,
And not one weary,
And not one spent.
And lo, and behold!
Past Willow-cum-Leigh
Stretched with its waters
The great green sea.
Says Farmer Bates,
'I puffs and I blows,
What's under the water,
Why, no man knows !'
Says Farmer Giles,
'My mind comes weak,
And a good man drownded
Is far to seek. '
But Farmer Turvey,
On twirling toes,
Up's with his gaiters,
And in he goes:
Down where the mermaids
Pluck and play
On their twangling harps
In a sea-green day;
Down where the mermaids
Finned and fair,
Sleek with their combs
Their yellow hair. . . .
Bates and Giles --
On the shingle sat,
Gazing at Turvey's
Floating hat.
But never a ripple
Nor bubble told
Where he was supping
Off plates of gold.
Never an echo
Rilled through the sea
Of the feasting and dancing
And minstrelsy.
They called -- called -- called;
Came no reply:
Nought but the ripples'
Sandy sigh.
Then glum and silent
They sat instead,
Vacantly brooding
On home and bed,
Till both together
Stood up and said: --
'Us knows not, dreams not,
Where you be,
Turvey, unless
In the deep blue sea;
But axcusing silver --
And it comes most willing --
Here's us two paying our forty shilling;
For it's sartin sure, Turvey,
Safe and sound,
You danced us a square, Turvey,
Off the ground.'

Walter de la Mare :
http://www.poemhunter.com/

So, another J.P. Morgue bankster is found dead. Little early yet, but I am suspicious [as always] This cat was a high level guy in international equities and was just 37 years old.

That's four in a month people. [That we know about anyhow]

See my last post on the other banker-dead thread. I was raised by a pshrink specializing in suicides...couldn't help picking up some knowledge on the topic.

The fake ones "cry for help" - usually call someone as they do the "attempt" they kinda figure will fail, fishing for "don't do it, you're worth it".

The real ones almost always leave a note of apology for the ones they consider innocent - family, and who will be hurt by their absence - loss of breadwinner, SO, parent, or whatever.

Those are committing suicide because they really have done something wrong, in their own estimation, and have some (perhaps not well guided) morals. They leave a note. Very high probability - at least 2 9's.

FWIW, I have a huge compressor myself, with a lot of tank. It need not run for a few nails. And the gun mostly makes noise when a nail is hitting a nice sound radiator, like a piece of wood. Otherwise it just goes "chuff".

Give me 6 months for more info, and I'll make a call - but I'm betting I won't have to. These are as fishy as it gets.

so, it looks like another JPM forex banker did the final air-walk yesterday. I just read over on ZH [and saw the graphic photos as well] of a 33 year old banker that threw himself off a roof in the financial district in HK.

I'm sure these "suicides" are all just coincidental. Actually, I'd like to see the actuary on this.

Yup, it's raining bankers now. KWN did an interview that sort of parroted what ZH said.

We're up to 15 now. A JPM executive took out his wife with a shotgun, then he [apparently] ate some buckshot himself.

Any word on whether he was also part of an investigation (or linked to a dept. being investigated)?

When these guys do it, I wonder if it is a decision to escape upcoming punishment (be it sanctioned or extragovernmental) or to escape their conscience. Maybe some of both, but you would think anyone in a position to be offed for this stuff is in a position to set themselves up for life; 0.01%.

Back
Top Bottom