GMO food labeling

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Label it all. If producers must put labels detailing every minutia of a product, then a simple yes or no on GM content should not be such a big deal. Monsanto, Syngenta et.al. simply want to normalize GM foods through this generation so there is no resistance in future generations. All the new and unique diseases and syndromes that will appear will get blamed on pollution, genetics or some other weak ass excuse.

Label this poison from the get-go.

I am not as concerned with GMO itself, as I am with utterly disgusting and outright catastrophically dangerous monopolist practices of the companies behind them, also the totally dumbass approach to GMO crops - like making plants Roundup-resistant, and then spraying the whole fecking field generously with it, to kill the weeds - and the same goes for spraying against the bugs. THAT, my friends is a real kicker. I just don't buy at all the premise, that some fecking chemicals poisons are "only" killing smaller stuff, but we can eat them day in day out all right. I call BS on this.

But things like making some crops drought-proof, to feed the Africa, as they try and are succeeding in some of African academic institutions - hell, yeah. But having a patent and lock-down powers over food production? God almighty, spare us from that monstrosity!

The idea that someone can patent a dna string is just wrong.
Whatever your beliefs on how that string evolved, its outrageous that because you discovered a certain bit has a certain effect, that it can become your property.

And yes I used to think that GM was a potential for good, as they had the potential to develop drought resistant /saline tolerant plants that could green the desert.

Not much evidence of this and I now consider monsanto to be the devils work ......

Back
Top Bottom