Hey, I'm back. Some perspective.

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

escobar

Predaceous Stink Bug
Reaction score
hey everyone hope all is well. I traveled a but for about a month so havnt been able to follow everything as much. However, i felt like it was a good little rest too have.

I traveled in Peru for a month, saw Machu Picchu and some other places. Was good to break the routine. Met a lot of people staying in hostels from all over the world. I tried to casually ask the europeans about the whole euro thing, basically got stairs no real interest. Even more surprising is I met a bunch of people from Argentina. I learned they are not even allowed to take out dollars in the ATM's anywhere in the world. They all said things were messed up there but they seem to be so used to it. Kind of made me think that we are very far away from any realisation of the avg Joe on the St in the US understadning our situation. It will take another and even bigger crisis, the avg person on the Street just does not know what is going on.

I feel somewhat recharged and with perhaps a more realistic sense of timing. The average person just doesnt understand inflation or real purchasing power. I suppose that is why the fed does what it does, they know the avg guy doesn't react to what is happening.

Anyway my 2 cents.

Sounds like you had some fun Escobar, thanks for sharing your insights, and welcome back. Cheers.

That sort of floors me. So in other words- the whole world is dazed and confused.

Welcome back escobar from me too. I have found that most people in other countries are about as clueless as Americans.

Traveling in South America is great! I hope you were able to gain a little weight eating yummy Peruvian food...

If you ever go back to Peru, drop by our bearing company, but let me know ahead of time. That goes for all a ya!

Thanks for sharing, Escobar. That gives me hope that I have plenty of time to keep stacking at reasonable prices.

Echoing everyone elses comments - thanks for sharing your observations. Glad to see you back. Sounds like you had a fun trip. :)

Hanging out on G+ - with people from all over the planet - I have to say, yup, only a very tiny percentage have a clue what's going on, and are content to be hosed as long as things don't get worse too fast. A friend in Germany, heck, he lives in a tiny village, they don't notice much - beer over there, lives over a bakery - heaven. Retired already, doesn't care about jobs. EU doesn't seem to impact on his life at all.

Friend in Israel. Cool dude, engineer, well off, musician. Jammed with him and a guy in Iran the other night - swapping licks, politics didn't come up. Yet both their governments want them to kill each other.

Expat friend in Japan. Yokohama. Doesn't care about Fukishima, gets on fixing guitars and playing music and scoring the music for anime computer games. Doesn't care about the economy - he's got a tiny place and a nice life doing what he does.

Finns and Norwegians get just as drunk as the best Aussie pro redneck, maybe more, and gabble at one another and fall down in amusing ways. Nice people.

People in OZ and NZ seem to be more aware of what's coming. Very export driven and orders not so hot these days.

The brits are a ton 'o fun, a real interesting and diverse set of people, mostly think someone will muddle it through for them. I've not made any french friends other than in Canada. Most "real" french look on speaking English with disdain, they are self-imprisoning. And, well, French.

Haven't seen any Greeks so far. They must be busy with something else that doesn't involve being online. Plenty Spaniards and Italians, who also tend to think it's the bust that is fake, not the preceding (fake money printing via derivatives that all went poof) boom. Doesn't bode well for them if they think that, but...you can't tell 'em anything unless they're asking if you want them to hear it.

The takeaway I get is that for one thing, almost no one in this world is as bad/nasty as our governments want us to believe - they don't want to take up arms and shoot us, nor we them. Hell, they mostly don't even want to discuss those issues, it's stupid and boring. This has shown us all how much of a big lie it all is. We make friends more or less right off - what's that crap political noise again?

There really is something special about realtime video compared to say, email, even if like me you type very fast. You can be more open. If someone turns out to be a jerk (they're out there too) - they are gone with a click. Quickly you make circles of just the good guys, and their friends, and their friends.

This stuff has a lotta potential to change the world in a good way. I've picked up a few people to mentor and I'm helping them in real ways, and they appreciate it.
We are all finding out we're not as different as our governments want us to believe.
We are all finding out our governments suck no matter where we are. We are all facing similar challenges.

We are finding out that when we win, fuck you, I DID BUILD THAT.

Makes me less misanthropic than I was becoming.

Unlike FB, no one saves these chats - they're gone as soon as you click exit. So a little of the boring puerile stuff isn't so bad, it doesn't hang around to make a fool of everyone later like on FB. No, I don't maintain a G+ page as such...that's too FB-like. Just get on there and see who else is there - usually don't have to cast a public net to find some of my new pals already online. It's like we're building a human network no longer bound by where you are, of all the cool/smart folk there are, and there are a lot when you cast a big enough net. That's gotta be good for something down the road.

The takeaway I get is that for one thing, almost no one in this world is as bad/nasty as our governments want us to believe - they don't want to take up arms and shoot us, nor we them. Hell, they mostly don't even want to discuss those issues, it's stupid and boring. This has shown us all how much of a big lie it all is.

Bingo, DC, and thanks for that update from around the world. When you boil it all down, and exclude the nasty ruling power elite, we are all really roughly all the same, regardless of what country.

We want to be productive and/or enjoy what we do.
We want the govy to leave us alone.
We want to enjoy friends, family and beer.
And perhaps a few other basic enjoyments like having a good laugh quite often.

It does go to show how powerful the propaganda machine is on the masses, through the Nightly News and other BS media outlets. They are continually creating one imaginary boogie-man after another so that they can keep humanity at each other's throats and so that they can push their next war. F them.

Back
Top Bottom