If the economy and the USD don't crash

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

...in my opinion, silver is the offset for gold in the "best case" recovery scenario (chances: slim to none, IMHO :D) - after all, it is massively used in the industries, that are bound to flourish IF there is robust recovery, and it seems, there's not so much of it available...

Silver is largely produced as a side/byproduct of other metals (copper, lead, etc), so if the economy takes off, silver production goes up automatically, due to more demand for those others...Or, that's my take anyway.

Silver is largely produced as a side/byproduct of other metals (copper, lead, etc), so if the economy takes off, silver production goes up automatically, due to more demand for those others...Or, that's my take anyway.

Good and thorough point, dcfusor... I mean, my initial assumption was that if the economy rebounds, so would the industrial demand for silver- dependant products (it was a good while ago, when I was imagining these scenarios)

However, since that, I have revised my thoughts a bit, and I am of opinion, that industrial demand (while providing some floor for the pricing), is/will not be the deciding pricing factor. So if investment demand drops (due to hypothetically rebounding economy), industrial demand will most probably not sustain higher/current prices. That was inconsistency in my reasoning.

So I guess, I will need to rethink my strategy, just in case.

Although, one thing that makes these worries a bit moot, is that the fed/gov. Co. WANT dollar to depreciate - their only chance in the long run is to inflate the debts away.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Back
Top Bottom