• 2 Post By bushi
  • 1 Post By DCFusor

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-14-2013, 11:04 AM   #1
Super Moderator

Liked: 685 times
If the economy and the USD don't crash

http://www.24hgold.com/english/news-...he+Gold+Report

If you agree with guy or not about the future of the economy, the mining and alternative metal plays he talks about are interesting. Personally, I invest a bit in palladium and platinum partially due to their upside if we manage to not crash our economy/currency.
Never free.

PMBug 101 *** Forum Rules
benjamen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 11:25 AM   #2
Ground Beetle

Liked: 554 times
...in my opinion, silver is the offset for gold in the "best case" recovery scenario (chances: slim to none, IMHO ) - after all, it is massively used in the industries, that are bound to flourish IF there is robust recovery, and it seems, there's not so much of it available...
benjamen and Unbeatable like this.
Old 02-14-2013, 07:05 PM   #3
Yellow Jacket

Liked: 1233 times
Silver is largely produced as a side/byproduct of other metals (copper, lead, etc), so if the economy takes off, silver production goes up automatically, due to more demand for those others...Or, that's my take anyway.
bushi likes this.
DCFusor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 03:56 PM   #4
Ground Beetle

Liked: 554 times
Originally Posted by DCFusor View Post:
Silver is largely produced as a side/byproduct of other metals (copper, lead, etc), so if the economy takes off, silver production goes up automatically, due to more demand for those others...Or, that's my take anyway.
Good and thorough point, dcfusor... I mean, my initial assumption was that if the economy rebounds, so would the industrial demand for silver- dependant products (it was a good while ago, when I was imagining these scenarios)

However, since that, I have revised my thoughts a bit, and I am of opinion, that industrial demand (while providing some floor for the pricing), is/will not be the deciding pricing factor. So if investment demand drops (due to hypothetically rebounding economy), industrial demand will most probably not sustain higher/current prices. That was inconsistency in my reasoning.

So I guess, I will need to rethink my strategy, just in case.

Although, one thing that makes these worries a bit moot, is that the fed/gov. Co. WANT dollar to depreciate - their only chance in the long run is to inflate the debts away.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD