Mining claim/investment/gold

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

ILOVETRADING

Fly on the Wall
Reaction score
Hey everyone,
First thread here so thanks to all for viewing and any responses. I love the site and you guys all rock, keep the posts/new/topics coming I enjoy reading them.

Anyways I just wanted to get a feel (from you precious metals investors around) your thoughts on the comparison of a mining claim's value rising with gold's price value. I purchased a mining claim over a year ago and am wondering if I should tie the price I bought it at to the actual gold price at the time? If gold goes up, I would think the value of the claim goes up as well? It's in a great location, around an hour away from the largest gold producer at the Homestake mine. I've got 2 creeks running through it and it's within walking distance with the famous French Creek and Castle Creek. I'm hoping to head out and prospect by drilling some holes and panning the property on my first visit. Here it is; lot #6:

http://www.sunsetvalleymining.com/SDCastlecreek6.html

My question is, would you ever consider investing in a mine? Also, why? My ultimatum was that it's great because:

* If gold/silver are exposed with such low physical inventory that we currently have, the only other place to find these metals are through a mine.
* You can rent it out for others to prospect if you're not able to do so all the time
* You can pass down the ownership rights in your deed or to any family member, keep it as long as you want.

Thanks everyone. Keep stacking.

If I lived close enough to an opportunity like that, I'd invest in it in a heartbeat. I would love to pan for gold in my free time!

Back
Top Bottom