Precious Metals Forum

Go Back   Precious Metals Forum > Precious Metals and Economic News > PM Bug

Like Tree19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-19-2013, 02:18 PM   #21
Predaceous stink bug

Liked: 83 times
When we get above the 200dma that should be the line in the sand and support for any pullback in October.

I've been looking for a target of 26-28 by September so the pullback may be to the 23-24 area before heading to 30 in the spring.

I'm no expert but TA seems to be heating up now and we have had quite the extended hit in the silver market especially.

Good luck to us all!

-Q
Old 08-20-2013, 05:25 AM   #22
n00b

Liked: 9 times
Wink Elegant solutions department

Originally Posted by Potemkin View Post:
The problem is I live in Europe and premiums here are high.
I can only buy silver at 29-30 $ per ounce!

VAT, high premiums and "fees" are added.

Right now it costs 30 $. I can only buy silver at this high price. Europe is the worst place for silver.

At 18-19-20 it cost 25 $.
You and RealFinney should consider getting yourselves a ticket to Stanbul, and, if you are serious about buying silver... after checking out this site - http://www.nadirmetal.com.tr/urunler_e.htm - book yourselves a 'working' holiday and get down to business...

At the end of school holidays season, airfare prices from UK are dirt cheap for a bit, and so are the hotels. You can get a flight to Dalaman or Bodrum for peanuts, and book yourselves into a 4* hotel for a week for less than the premiums you claim are preventing you from buying. That's IF you are buying in quantity.

Can't speak for what happens between you and the customs man on return... that's your business. But many a sod has gone the route I'm suggesting without problems in that regard. If you don't want the LBMA bar products, there's plenty of jewelry options to choose from!

btw... goldbugs should check that site out as well. High quality bullion products, sadly under-exposed in the western world.

Last edited by roguefaction; 08-20-2013 at 05:28 AM.
roguefaction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 07:44 AM   #23
Predaceous stink bug

Liked: 31 times
I did grab a few ounces back when it was lower, at around 18 $, but I just did not have the funds. Now I have and it's 23 $, but the seller with "fees", "VAT" and shipping, transaction costs would take away 30-31 $ per ounce from me.

Anyway, I decided to grab a few more ounces before it goes higher and I'll regret...
Potemkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 08:10 AM   #24
Ground Beetle

Liked: 306 times
Originally Posted by Potemkin View Post:
I did grab a few ounces back when it was lower, at around 18 $, but I just did not have the funds. Now I have and it's 23 $, but the seller with "fees", "VAT" and shipping, transaction costs would take away 30-31 $ per ounce from me.

Anyway, I decided to grab a few more ounces before it goes higher and I'll regret...
Where do you live that charges VAT on silver? I know of 2 sites that don't charge VAT on silver in Europe.

H. L. Mencken
mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 09:06 AM   #25
n00b

Liked: 0 times
Yeah, the prices of gold and silver have really gone sky high but we just have to accept it, the same way others have to deal with skyrocketing oil prices, etc. If you look at statistics about silver, you'll see the price has always been increasing steadily.
Billy_White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 09:58 AM   #26
Yellow Jacket

Liked: 888 times
Originally Posted by Billy_White View Post:
If you look at statistics about silver, you'll see the price has always been increasing steadily.
wish mine had
Old 08-20-2013, 10:11 AM   #27
Jay
Yellow Jacket

Liked: 671 times
Originally Posted by Billy_White View Post:
Yeah, the prices of gold and silver have really gone sky high but we just have to accept it, the same way others have to deal with skyrocketing oil prices, etc. If you look at statistics about silver, you'll see the price has always been increasing steadily.
relative to what? US Dollars? On what timeline? eight years? 5000 years?
Jay is offline   Reply With Quote