To understand daily price moves, watch the herd

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

benjamen

Yellow Jacket
Reaction score
Today, after Bernanke claiming there will be no additional QE, prices are once again falling:
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/bernanke-fed-could-act-economy-140205227.html

If we see an '08 type recession, metals would be temporarily hit hard:
http://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/breakout/recession-talk-lately-144815601.html

For now, people are fleeing the percieved safety of the dollar, therefore making metals cheaper to buy in dollars:
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/why-everyone-still-wants-dollars.html
(this is actually a decent article on why the dollar is still so strong)

Buy the dips and hold through the surges. There will be no more arbitrage buy and sell for this guy, because I believe the end game to be starting. There simply is not enough money, equity and paper on the planet to cover the conflagration that is coming for finance. Every time I hear some douchebag newstainment bubble head speak the word "trillion" and flash those perfect Rembrandt veneers without having a fucking clue as to what they are speaking, I want to reach through the screen and punch them in the brain.

No one in the mainstream seems prepared to challenge the Brotherhood of Darkness about their "plan B". No one wants to discuss the very real probability of total annihilation of the worlds economy. No one wants to discuss what we will do when credit markets are frozen solid and fiat currencies fail. How does food get transported? When no one will accept a letter of credit, just like happened in '08 - '09, how does food get distributed? Well, I'll tell you how; it won't.

Market manipulation is nothing more than a cute side-show to what the real problems are and quite honestly, the billions that are being peeled off by the banksters pales in comparison to the true leveraged risk they hold. When that shit goes up, and trust me when I say it will, all holy hell breaks loose. ATM's no longer dispense cash, store shelves are laid bare and we go all Kosovo in one quick hurry.

Yup, you can have all the Cobra meetings you want but to get next weeks food here ( UK) before it rots, a lorry has to be able to transport it from eastern europe to a supermarket near you.

Now if the driver cant buy fuel or it all gets a bit chaotic and confused around the warehouses in that distant land or at the channel ports / tunnel approaches due to natives seeking food, then justintime management fails.

So what can a group of ego inflated controllers do to fix this ?

What can the SAS do to ensure fresh food for an entire nation ( our usual fixit option )
Sure they can get enough through to feed the fat controllers and their nearest n dearest but theres a constant stream of fresh food being shipped in and even if its only a bit disrupted the food shops will empty in the blink of an eye.

This aspect truly scares me more than any other.

YES, ancona and rblong2us!

It is the HARD LANDING TEOTWAWKI that worries me too. I assign that set of scenarios a lower probability than the Great Depression v. 2 scenarios.

Re recent pricing of gold, I simply do not know. As mentioned elsewhere today, part of any incoming money goes to gold. The only reasons I even bother checking the price is to calculate how many oz I can buy and to make sure the coin shop does not rob (via a high premium) me, which they never have.

And Korean bearings... :D

Back
Top Bottom