[VID] Jeffrey Christian (CPM) - We May Have Seen Gold's Cyclical High

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

swissaustrian

Yellow Jacket
Reaction score
Jeffrey Christian (CPM Group) is definitely not a pmbug. In fact he is kind of an enemy of GATA. He sees gold in a $ 1520-1800 trading range this year. His predictions have been very conservative over the years. It's not the first time he has called a top during the current bull marker. He also doesn't fully understand the effect of monetary policies on pm prices. And he thinks that democrats will reduce deficits if Obomber gets reelected :rotflmbo:
Anyway, this interview is still an interesting watch.

I've made the decision to buy this CPM gold yearbook which he is promoting in the video for $150. The statistics and charts get a B+. The price projection gets an E. They're basicly saying that gold is still in a bull market, but that it won't rise like it did because investors arround the world think that the huge problems we face need long term solutions and aren't threatening short/medium term Armageddon. Therefore gold accumulation would continue, investors would be waiting for dips to buy, though. They're totally dismissing the fact that central banks need to print to infinity. Somehow they think that the printing will stop and fiscal policy would change/become more responsible. That's their argument to call a top.
So my advice is: Don't buy this book. It's not worth $150. The statistics are interesting, but the prognostication is a joke.

I think he's a weenie. Thosw who discount obscene money printing are destined to get hammered by it first.

Unfortunately I was unable to view the video. I see an error message. However, from what I know of Jeffrey Christian I agree with and followed some of his predictions but not necessarily agreeing with everything he suggests.

Video works fine for me (just tried it).

we've consolidated for 15 months. 18th months is the typical period for a correction. I doubt we stay pegged under 1750 all of next year...

Ha the Bears have to be right at some point!

Here he is explaining in April 2009 how gold prices would drop to $850 by August 2009 and then continue going lower.
He explains how the Feds fantastic policy in 1982 got the US out of recession in a matter of months and into 25 years of some of the lowest, most stable inflation in their history... & that 'This is nothing compared to that!'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNfTnkRg1X4

Back
Top Bottom