60% of Overseas Investment Coming from U.S.

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

white&yellow999

Predaceous Stink Bug
Reaction score
This is a video of a representitive of Perth Mint going into some details about gold.

Video touches breifly on the following:

- history of mining in Australia
- lack of confidence in the US Dollar
- return to Gold Standard
- overseas investors

Last edited:
60% from the USA? That surprises me. I would have figured India and China to have comprised a larger share of the overseas buying pie than that.

I have a sneaking suspicion that the 60% is mostly from US based dealers.

...well guys, you are still the biggest economy in the world, and with access to freshly-printed (oops, freshly-quantatively-eased) money being globally recognized as a reserve currency, well, why not...

I have a sneaking suspicion that the 60% is mostly from US based dealers.

Good point, being a personal buyer directly from Perth Mint is a big hassel. So I find it very likely that you are probably correct.

I was going to make a purchase there but there is too much red tape.... you can only buy when the Australian spot market is open, they need two pieces of "acceptable" proof of ID that are notarized and you have to mail it to them, plus high premiums, it just wasn't worth it.

So you guys can see, here is the link to their application to register:

https://www.perthmintbullion.com/RegisterToTrade.aspx

I really like there products, especially the hand poured gold and silver bars, but those are very difficult to come across in the US so I haven't seen them at the LCS.

Last edited:
USA is still a major player in global economy and thank god for this

Back
Top Bottom